• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what happens if i faint during my HSC exam ??? (1 Viewer)

lanamariie

HSC
hey you guys ! I was just wondering what happens if I fainted or collapsed while doing my HSC exam? do I get a 0?

jnney

lemon
HSC
You put in a misadventure form stating reason why you fainted - e.g stress etc. You probably won't get a 0. You get an estimation based on your rank and your cohort's performance for that subject.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Put a misadventure form in.

This happened to my friend for 2 internal assessments for Chemistry, worth 50% of the internal mark.

However, he was coming 1st internally in it, and because of those, he's ended up coming 6th or 7th.

Alkanes

HSC
Yes fill in illness/misadventure form.

That being said. Hopefully this doesn't really happen.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Illness/Misadventure.

It is better to go attempt the test even when unwell for the actual HSC and get an illness/misadventure filed than not turning up point blank. You should tell the school you feel ill that morning so they know, you might be put in the special provisions room so they can monitor you better (Also not have to be in with everyone in case you do chuck/faint). If you faint in the exam it's visible and you should get an estimated exam mark based on internal rank and cohort performance externally.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This would be an illness/misadventure and you would fill in the appropriate forms, have the supervisor fill in their part of the form, along with your principal and a doctor - a normal doctor's certificate isn't accepted here but the doctor has to fill in part of the illness form.

If this happens during the actual exam not only would you be eligible for illness but the rest of the cohort for misadventure due to the disturbance to their exam.

If you do feel off colour before the exam you should tell the supervisor so they can keep an eye on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)