What happens if i withdraw all my subjects before census date? (1 Viewer)

glass

HSC
Does anyone know for sure what happens if i withdraw from all of my semester 2 subjects before the census date?

Does that mean i un-enroll myself? like can i still keep my place in the course and just have to enrol again next semester & be able to continue or does that mean im discontinuing the course totally?

And how is that different to deferring? I was thinking of deferring but the census date is NEXT MONDAY and today is friday so theres no time for me to lodge the form etc with the uni. I just dont want to have to pay a few grands if im planning not to study it this semester.

So the scenario is, im doing physio 3rd year and im out on pracs. Just finished my 1st one (5 weeks each one) and i've failed it. So i want to withdraw and not pay for it since i need to repeat it again anyway. So this whole semester is ALL pracs (15 weeks worth, so 5 down 10 to go) and i dont feel like goin on anymore pracs. Just want to stop uni and work for the rest of this semester. Thats why i want to withdraw all my subjects.

OH and if i withdraw everything, can i still add the subjects back on after the census date?

Hope this is making sense.

Thanks in advance! Really need the help before monday!!

jaimebien

HSC
OH and if i withdraw everything, can i still add the subjects back on after the census date?
Not sure about your previous questions, but for this particular question, the answer is that the date to enrol in a new unit was 7 August. So if you withdraw from them and want to add them again later...it'd be too late.

glass

HSC
Oh ok. But can i still withdraw from units of study ON the census date? (on 31st aug)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
If you withdraw from your units, today or tomorrow, you'll need to suspend your candidature at your faculty even after doing it. There's a difference between not having units and deferring, you still need to do both.

No, you cannot add units after ~week 3.

err: rafy made it more clear

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to take a leave of absence. There should be a form on your faculty website.

If you just withdraw from all your units without officially taking approved leave, your enrolment will lapse after the census date. If that happens you can only return to the course by going through UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)