What happens if the person ranked second does worse than third and fourth in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Amalgamate

HSC
N/A
So this guy in Legal Studies who is ranked second hasn't really been studying these holidays (playing league of legends all day) and I'm pretty sure hes gonna bomb out the exams. It just so happens that I am ranked fourth and some other dude is ranked third.

Hypothetically speaking, if he was to get a raw mark of 75 while me and the guy ranked third got like 80 and 85, what mark would the person ranked second get?

Would he get his own 75 or would it just contribute to the mean and he gets a higher mark then me and the guy ranked third?

leehuan

HSC
Re: What happens if the person ranked second does worse than third and fourth in the

Exam marks stay as THAT.

School marks - Second place in school gets second place from exam after moderation
Third place in school gets third place from exam after moderation
Fourth place in school gets fourth place from exam after moderation
i.e. School ranks are PRESERVED.

Final rankings after HSC exam? Depending on how badly 2nd flunked that would vary

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: What happens if the person ranked second does worse than third and fourth in the

Exam marks stay as THAT.

School marks - Second place in school gets second place from exam after moderation
Third place in school gets third place from exam after moderation
Fourth place in school gets fourth place from exam after moderation
i.e. School ranks are PRESERVED.

Final rankings after HSC exam? Depending on how badly 2nd flunked that would vary
The only reason ranks wouldn't be preserved, is when everyone does exceptionally well/bad.

leehuan

HSC

The only reason ranks wouldn't be preserved, is when everyone does exceptionally well/bad.
Doesn't really conflict with what I said. More like a different portrayal.

lzq0907

HSC

I've got that question prior to trial but thanks god the person ranked just same as me in trial so that it wouldn't trouble me that much.
But i really want to get to know if the third person would really be in disadvantaged in HSC! that's somehow so unfair

Amalgamate

HSC
N/A

I've got that question prior to trial but thanks god the person ranked just same as me in trial so that it wouldn't trouble me that much.
But i really want to get to know if the third person would really be in disadvantaged in HSC! that's somehow so unfair
I assume it would depend on the gap in between third and second/first. If it's not that big, I really doubt it

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

what happens is that it doesn't affect you and you should study rather than worry about this to get a decent mark in your subjects

SudhiTheBoat

HSC

Wait, so if you're ranked last in the cohort but end up completely acing the HSC exams, you still get the last mark?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Wait, so if you're ranked last in the cohort but end up completely acing the HSC exams, you still get the last mark?
For your internal, yes.

Ekman

HSC

Oh crap, but your internal reflects 50% of your ATAR though doesn't it?
50% is still a decent proportion of your HSC mark.

SudhiTheBoat

HSC

So if you're ranking last, and then the lowest mark was 0 - but you completely aced the HSC - that would mean the highest mark you could receive was a 50? There's gotta be something i'm missing here.

Flop21

HSC

Damn guys, my math mark is fucked then.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

So if you're ranking last, and then the lowest mark was 0 - but you completely aced the HSC - that would mean the highest mark you could receive was a 50? There's gotta be something i'm missing here.
Massive outliers aren't counted.

milkytea99

HSC

Massive outliers aren't counted.
I hope so haha. Cuz ext 1 maths is my worst rank. I'm ranked 3rd. 1st is e4 material but second isn't lol.
So I don't know will I have a chance for e4 haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)