What happens if the students placed 1st and 2nd in the internals get the same HSC mark? (1 Viewer)

ikj

HSC
(Just curious on how the internal mark moderation works in this scenario.)

dasfas

HSC
I think you mean same external exam mark (HSC mark is average of internal + external).
Then they would have the same internal mark, the same external mark, and hence the same HSC mark

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I think you mean same external exam mark (HSC mark is average of internal + external).
Then they would have the same internal mark, the same external mark, and hence the same HSC mark
doesn't this only work if the internal mark difference before moderation is perse close together?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It does not matter whether they achieve the same Examination Mark. If they are not both ranked first, then the Assessment Mark of each student will be different. In terms of this particular example, the Assessment Mark of the student ranked first will be adjusted to equal the highest Examination Mark of any student in the cohort. If the student ranked first also achieves the highest Examination Mark, then their Assessment Mark will be the same as their Examination Mark, resulting in the same HSC mark.

However, this does not apply to the student ranked second. While the student ranked first and the student ranked second can achieve the same Examination Mark, the Assessment Mark of the student ranked second will most likely be lower than that of the student ranked first because of their lower rank.

dasfas

HSC
doesn't this only work if the internal mark difference before moderation is perse close together?
Ahh I implicitly assumed that both students would also get the highest mark in the external exam which is not necessarily correct - jimmy is more correct than me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)