WHAT HAPPENS TO MY STUFF?! (1 Viewer)

anne123123

HSC
Hey!

What happens to my google drive, google classroom, emails etc that are linked to my education email when I leave school. Do they all get deleted or is it just my education email that I cannot use anymore but I still have access to all my documents right?

THANKS this is real important

studiesofboard

HSC
I am not too sure but they will eventually have to delete your school account to save space for other students who come in the upcoming years. There is no point of having account that is not being used. :)

anne123123

HSC
I am not too sure but they will eventually have to delete your school account to save space for other students who come in the upcoming years. There is no point of having account that is not being used. :)
But will all my files still be there or should I transfer all of it to another email before they rid my education email?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on the school but my email I remember went inactive after like a year. What I did to get around that issue without having to download things and reupload them is keep the files as owner on a non-school account and then just share the google drive folder with your school email. So you will have access to it on your school account, but also don't need to worry about losing your files if they close the school account

You can change the owner thing pretty quickly from school to other email account, just select everything and change it in one go

anne123123

HSC
It depends on the school but my email I remember went inactive after like a year. What I did to get around that issue without having to download things and reupload them is keep the files as owner on a non-school account and then just share the google drive folder with your school email. So you will have access to it on your school account, but also don't need to worry about losing your files if they close the school account

You can change the owner thing pretty quickly from school to other email account, just select everything and change it in one go
awesome!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)