What happens when I am tied for a ranking? (1 Viewer)

TrueAlpha

HSC
I’ve read up a lot about how ranking affects your examination marks but what happens in the case that you share a rank?

For reference I am equal 2nd in my EngAdv class.

carrotsss

HSC
your moderated school assessment mark is only 50% of your overall HSC mark, the other half is your exam mark which is entirely based on how you yourself do

TrueAlpha

HSC
your moderated school assessment mark is only 50% of your overall HSC mark, the other half is your exam mark which is entirely based on how you yourself do
Okay one more question since you are quite knowledgeable on the logistics of the HSC. Will my assessment mark be brought up to match my examination mark regardless of my school ranking. I ask this as in my trials I topped most of my classes with a reasonable gap, however, this didn’t put me in first for all my classes, so I’m worried that I will be sold short due to the subjects where I’m not first. I can share my rankings too if that would make it easier to explain. Sorry for the questions, it’s just I’ve been told different things from different people and am just trying to get a straight answer.

carrotsss

HSC
Okay one more question since you are quite knowledgeable on the logistics of the HSC. Will my assessment mark be brought up to match my examination mark regardless of my school ranking. I ask this as in my trials I topped most of my classes with a reasonable gap, however, this didn’t put me in first for all my classes, so I’m worried that I will be sold short due to the subjects where I’m not first. I can share my rankings too if that would make it easier to explain. Sorry for the questions, it’s just I’ve been told different things from different people and am just trying to get a straight answer.
unfortunately if you are not ranked first in a subject it is entirely possible that your assessment mark will be lower than your examination mark, and it can drag you down a bit. your school assessment mark relies on the performance of your cohort and your ranking (alongside mark differences) within it - so if you are ranked second internally and a few marks behind first then your school assessment mark will likely be a few marks behind the highest examination mark in your cohort (including if that examination mark is your own).

TrueAlpha

HSC
unfortunately if you are not ranked first in a subject it is entirely possible that your assessment mark will be lower than your examination mark, and it can drag you down a bit. your school assessment mark relies on the performance of your cohort and your ranking (alongside mark differences) within it - so if you are ranked second internally and a few marks behind first then your school assessment mark will likely be a few marks behind the highest examination mark in your cohort (including if that examination mark is your own).
Ahhh well that’s unfortunate. Thanks for answering all my questions I really appreciate it! Also love the trial marks calculator haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)