What HSC subjects do u do? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Advanced English - Because I like words.

Studies of Religion II - We have to study religion at my school, but I'd pick it if we didn't have to anyway.... I really like studying religion.

Ancient History - I couldn't get Society + Culture and it was all left that I had any interest in.... it's not too bad though, it's always interesting.

Visual Arts - I love art more than anything and wouldn't be without it.

Design and Technology - I'm interested in design (furniture, object, interior, architecture) and really enjoy the practical work.

I also do Visual Design and Photography this year, 1unit prelim courses.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm going to do this even tho i'm at uni now.

Music 2 - because I love it

Music Extension - because I breathe it

Visual Arts - because I get straight A's effortlessly and my teacher thinks I'm fantastic! (until that FRIKIN LAST ASSESSMENT when he lost faith in my majorwork and after straight A's, gave me a 71 cuz he predicted i couldnt get higher than 70. I GOT 91 YOU STUPID ART TEACHER!)

Earth & Environmental Science - cuz i thought it was easy. Apparently not. So I had to climb my way through stuff I didn't want to know about. But I got a band 5 in the end :)

English Advanced - cuz it's compulsary in the hsc, as well as to do extensions

English Extension 1 - cuz I need to it to do Extension 2. Got E3 though.

English Extension 2 - Cuz I was DAMN PASSIONATE BABEH! E4!!! BOOYEAH!!!

S

systemx

Eng. Std.
Maths + Extension 1
Studies of Religion I
Chemistry
Modern History
Economics

ohyay

but you can call me bob
HSC
do titles in this place do anything? haha as you can see i look at this site about once every yonk. anyway i do:
english advanced: because i have to
english extension 1: because apparently im good at english
maths advanced: because i will do fine
maths extension 1: because i will do fine
economics: um im not sure, my last teacher left me with a good impression but this year he's kinda gay
physics: beacause i have to if i want to do med
chemistry: because you get to blow **** up
music 2: because it is great fun and its my bludge subject i look forward to. might have to drop it to pick up both extension 2s tho...

stainmepink

HSC
ext 2 maths - cuz maths is the colour of life

phys - cuz its great and interesting

chem - cuz its really interesting and i like it alot

adv eng?/ ext1 eng? - a bit subjective at times

music 2 - cuz its fun

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
English Advanced - 'Twas suggested I not do extension English. Decided I'd acquiesce and simply prove them wrong by beating all the extension students at Advanced.
Chemistry - It's fun, interesting and I plan to do it at uni.
Software D & D - A mistake. Should have chosen biology instead. DO NOT CHOOSE SDD.
Extension 2 Mathematics - Because maths is beautiful and all around us.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
4 maths: because maths is cool
4 English: because writing is even better
(but 3U English is occasionally garble, and 2U always is...)
Mod History, because the Nazis are the best, History Ext. because I like to watch the post-mod/post-structuralist pansies die.
SOR as a filler.

lfc_reds2003

english adv: scales better than general, tho wouldnt do enlgish if that was allowed

maths Ext2: maths is the most satisfying course...

chem:
Phys: NO GREY ARE IN SCIENCE and these were me two fav sciences!

SOR2: gotta do RE at skool and SOR2 is not that much more work than SOR1

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Damn HSC science is retarded; I'm an avid reader of New Scientist and when I was younger I used to get so excited over all things technological, but the physics and chemistry courses (the former in particular) are the most retarded pseudo-humanities creations to ever grace the planet.
I don't know how you people can like it :p

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
aural_sax05 said:
english adv: scales better than general, tho wouldnt do enlgish if that was allowed

maths Ext2: maths is the most satisfying course...

chem:
Phys: NO GREY ARE IN SCIENCE and these were me two fav sciences!

SOR2: gotta do RE at skool and SOR2 is not that much more work than SOR1
alot of ppl believe that english adv scales better than general, but most of the ppl believe that english adv and standard scale the same - who the hell cares about scaling if your a good student (u should not rely on scalling)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Estel said:
Damn HSC science is retarded; I'm an avid reader of New Scientist and when I was younger I used to get so excited over all things technological, but the physics and chemistry courses (the former in particular) are the most retarded pseudo-humanities creations to ever grace the planet.
I don't know how you people can like it :p
Chemistry is nowhere near as packed with garbage as physics. But it doesn't avoid that fate completely, no.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
english advanced: because couldn't take the teacher in english extension though she is also my advanced teacher as well. she would have marked me down anyway. and plus i sort of like english.

maths advnaced: i had to do this to get into extension.
maths extension: thought i could handle it, but obviously i can't wiht my poor marks. though advanced wouldn't ahve provided me with a challenge.

legal studies: i love doing this subject :p

ancient history: love my history, and seems easy. and needed this subject to have a choice of doing history extension.
history extension: mainly because i dropped english extension and needed an extension to keep 12 units. plus i love my history.

chemistry: i hate this subject, but i don't want to be left on 10 units. so meh.

Tegz

HSC
eng adv and ext: coz english is easy, interesting n u get to watch movies:p (frankenstein.. load of good that did me so far)

mathematics: havt 2 4 uni

maths ext: scaling.. dropped it... wasnt worth it

economics: scaling.. n its easy.. hardly ny hw till l8r

chemistry: need it 4 my uni course, n i did like it.. till i found out its the most boring subject imaginable

physics: coz the teacher told me i should

food tech: coz im obsessed with food :p .. so much so im doing it offline coz its on the same line as physics... i luv offline subjects.. they r sooo much easier.. i hav 1 lesson a week n do the rest in my frees... cruizy

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i don't want to say anything drastic, but your subjects are preliminary based :p

fillingsilence_

HSC
english (standard) - if this wasn't compulsory, i wouldn't be doing it
maths (2u) - it's useful i guess...
chemistry - best science subject
modern history - i love history, esp. modern
legal studies - i thought it would be good when i chose it, it isn't living up to my expectations
accouting - it gives me free periods, why else would you do it?

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
advance english--because im ready for a challenge
community and family studdies--- because i had to ,, i wasn't going to do any form of maths
French continuers--i have been working that subject since yr seven so it better to me good
Textiles and design---cause i chose to breathe eat and occasionally drink fashion
Drama----cause i love it and i can get good marks
Modern history ----cause i love it to little pieces

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
English Advanced: coz i have to...
English Extension: coz i wanted to.
Mathematics: in all honesty i dont like it...but it was either that or Visual Design...and im not arty in that way.
Modern History: because its interesting
Drama: because i love it and it's cool and i wish it was the only subject i had to do...
Bio: i initially found it interesting. not too sure bout it now.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
see, when you enter the senior school you learn how to read a question properly. this is hoped that later in life it would be applied.

see the difference between the junoir school and the senior school is this; you can bullshit in the junior school without answering the question. but you have to answer the question when you bullshit in the senior years.

the arrows are pointing at something! is it a plane? is it a bird? its a question!learn to use your skills!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)