What if i can't link my major work?? (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
As previously mentioned, I'm doing a critical study on "The Simpsons" and society. BUT here's my problem - I don't think that I can link it to anything I'm studying in 2u or 3u.

My 2u work is:
Change - Changing perspectives
Comparison of texts - Transformations
Critical Study of texts
Something or other - Powerplay

and my 3u module is "Retreat from the Global".

I'm bringing this up now because I have a Viva next week and they're asking about the link to "your english course".

What do i do? Help!

Rahul

Dead Member
u could link it to RTFG....how the simpsons retreat from the global world/community from the outside and comment on that....or u can argue that they embrace teh global....u cando this as RFTG is an open point of discussion

this probably wont work, but maybe it will help u! :)

oh and the signature looks familiar;)

Leap

free falling
HSC
You can basically link anything to the changing perspectives thing, I don't know what aspects of The Simpsons you're talking about specifically, but you could link it to the change in the values of society, or how american life is perceived.

elfgal

you don't actually need to be studying whatever you link your work to - i crapped on about how postmodernism influenced me heaps, but it wasn't one of my electives (hell, i didn't even understand it!):eek:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I ended up linking it to Changing Perspectives. Hell, everything links to that, because 'everything changes'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)