What if i don't get the UAI 4 law? (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
neo_o said:
MAQ has a preferred admissions scheme, it's basically like an easy scholarship (with no interview, HOORAY!). If you get in (3 people from my school applied last year and 3 got in heh) they'll subsidise your UAI by 5 points. So you can do MAQ law with a mark of 89, which isn't so bad.
I don't think I can get that :(
too high!!!!!

santaslayer

HSC
rumour said:
My reasons:
you get to fight(court room) all day +
the money:p
1) That's only if you register (pass tests, get licensed). :p
2) That only happens to a small minority of geeks. Most of them get average income compared to other OECD countries.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
rumour said:
My reasons:
you get to fight(court room) all day + the money:p
once u actualli study law u will realise for the amt of work u put into, the money is almost worth it and v deserving. law pplz do crazy amount of reading and writing, so its not exaclty easi money

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
well keep in mind that by the time u become a judge u will be 50+ (if ur lucky enough)

and how mani judges are there in a bench? your answer should be below 10. now think, how many lawyers are there in sydney? far more than judges. my pt is? it's not easi to be a judge, and if u are a jduge, then the work + stress u get is perhaps deserving of such pay.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
So many myths about law and legal careers...when actually the reality is quite different if you really research about it.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah. a lot of lawyers dont get paid as much as mani pplz think....... like the pplz who get HD or D in law say at unsw or usyd will most liley become one of those lawyers who get a good pay or a realy good pay.. but then getting HD or D at unsw/usyd law is like hard........ ani law student will tell u that...... the majority of students just get credit or pass...

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
truly-in-bliss said:
like the pplz who get HD or D in law say at unsw or usyd will most liley become one of those lawyers who get a good pay or a realy good pay
*Eagerly grabs torts text*

*reads one page*

...I think I'll take my chances with a P avg ;)

santaslayer

HSC
One thing I'll guarantee you all. I'll be a rich ass, charismatic barrister by the age of 25! :D

More to the point, if you ever get the chance to practice law overseas then take it up. The pay is usually heaps better then in Australia. eg. HK, UK, maybe even in the States. etc. :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Alexander said:
I dont think you heard me! Once - you - have - your --- B---A--- (that cost you 80 tops UAI), you can choose any COURSE YOU WANT BABY. 99+, whatever....so...shut up.
"What use is a BA???" HA! ha! HHHHHAAAA!
(ya follow me mates?)
I know thats the way to go if you bomb out, hell, i might even decide to do it if i miss out on UTS/NSW and dont feel like going to MAQ, but man thats wasting a few years of your life

santaslayer

HSC
When was that quote from? Last year? :p :confused:

Getting into a B Arts may not guarantee you a spot to your desired degree later on. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)