What If Something Happened... (1 Viewer)

Could you date other people if your significant other died?

• Total voters
HSC
...to your significant other?

would you be able to move on and date other people?

i dont think i could do it. id feel really guilty cos i love my gf heaps

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Well, this is a depressing topic.

I'd move on, and I think you'd find you would too. Granted it would take a long, long time, and you'd still feel for them years on, but it would happen. It happens all the time. And I'm sure your girlfriend would want you to be happy.

So while its a lovely thought - that you'd never be with anyone else for the rest of your life - its unrealistic and naive. No one could live in that kind of despair for their lifetime. What a total waste. I know that if I died, or when I die, I want Steve to move on and find happiness with someone else.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
...to your significant other?

would you be able to move on and date other people?

i dont think i could do it. id feel really guilty cos i love my gf heaps
can i just say something? and i know you're going to get utterly crapshitted with me.. but... OK WE ALL KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND. i think its great that you have found someone you feel so deeply for.. but, we know ok? we've heard you say it a million times before, its great, fantastic that you are so happy. im sorry if this is harsh im just cranky and im sick of hearing the same things over and over again.

as for your question... i dont think i would be able to move on for a very long time, i think, eventually there would come a time when i would need someone to be with me to help me get through it. but i would feel guilty and constantly question whether i was doing the right thing

/mean rach

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
from an msn convo

says:
he has that fucking avatar with that gay ass sig
says:
makes me want to hunt him down and scream until his eardrums pop and then beat him into a pulp

santaslayer

HSC
MaryJane said:
Well, this is a depressing topic.

I'd move on, and I think you'd find you would too. Granted it would take a long, long time, and you'd still feel for them years on, but it would happen. It happens all the time. And I'm sure your girlfriend would want you to be happy.

So while its a lovely thought - that you'd never be with anyone else for the rest of your life - its unrealistic and naive. No one could live in that kind of despair for their lifetime. What a total waste. I know that if I died, or when I die, I want Steve to move on and find happiness with someone else.
I'd have to agree. :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Everybody eventually moves on.

It's like when your year 9 boyfriend dumped you, you thought that you'll never get over him. A week later and you don't even remember who he was. :p

Of course, this case is different. But even if it was the longest, deepest relationship, you'll still move on after some years. You'd never forget about them, and you might never stop thinking about them, but you wouldn't live the rest of your life mourning and alone. Life's too short.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
_muse_ said:
can i just say something? and i know you're going to get utterly crapshitted with me.. but... OK WE ALL KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND. i think its great that you have found someone you feel so deeply for.. but, we know ok? we've heard you say it a million times before, its great, fantastic that you are so happy. im sorry if this is harsh im just cranky and im sick of hearing the same things over and over again.

as for your question... i dont think i would be able to move on for a very long time, i think, eventually there would come a time when i would need someone to be with me to help me get through it. but i would feel guilty and constantly question whether i was doing the right thing

/mean rach
finally .

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You move on eventually. In the case of men I would guess that encounters with 'randoms' would happen sooner than with women. But by the same token it may take men longer to settle down again....

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
depends on how long i had been with them for.. eventually i would move on, but depending on how long i knew them and was with them would attribute to how long it would take me to move on,...
kapeesh? :p

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
not right away...
probably not for a while...
i haven't even been with my boy for that long but i'd be shattered..

but eventually sure, we all need to move on

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
well ofcourse u cant move on straight away on the next person... it takes time. days... months... years.... usually its different with everyone, but things happen for a reason i guess so yer... wen my dead died mum didnt move straight away.. but its hard to be a single parent nowadays... serioUsly dudes wat if u meet someone like ur partner.. the person who'd have similar attitude nd characteristics nd etc... y not move on???!!!.... u wont kill urself too, will u?....
but that is just my opinion.. i never actually been dere so cant really say anythin but an opinion

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
At the moment probably yeah, cause I haven't been with her that long, but further along the track who knows.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Last night, my boyfriend drank so much and passed out and said that he 'felt like dying' because nobody cared for him and that work sucks...but I said that I cared. He told me that he kept throwing up and I was so scared and shocked that I cried so much. I wanted to call an ambulance but he didn't let me, so I called him and thank God that he sounded ok and he said he felt better...I was so worried that I was shaking for a while and couldn't sleep well. I feel so bad that I can't be there when I have to be.

Why does he have to do this :( I feel so upset.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
As for betraying people, when I died I'd want my s/o to be as happy as possible, and if that involves dating other guys then so be it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Sif you wouldn't move on eventually. No use dwelling on the past forever. Life goes on, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)