What if Visions are crap? (1 Viewer)

Acetaminophen

HSC
do you recon it reflects your mark if the marker thinks your idea would look dumb? i mean if its really well thought out and really relevant to the play etc but they think it would be a flop, will this reflect your mark?

also, do you think is better to be sefe and do something highly sound and unoriginal or something really wack and out there at the risk of sounding try-hard. because i'm sure doing the latter (for Oedipus Rex) and i'm worried about how it might go down.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Don't undertake the directors folio if you don't believe in your creative skills. Its not like you have budget restrictions... you can make things fly if you had enough money... They wont be able to deduct marks because they think the idea wouldn't work.. you're marked on interpretation.

Peartie

HSC
Acetaminophen said:
also, do you think is better to be sefe and do something highly sound and unoriginal or something really wack and out there at the risk of sounding try-hard. because i'm sure doing the latter (for Oedipus Rex) and i'm worried about how it might go down.
Do something Orgiinal...as was said in another thread- If the markers have to mark something that they've all seen one million times before they wont like it but if it is something original then it jumps out at them and they love it!

Acetaminophen

HSC
cool, i'm sure i'll be alright. i'm just stressed and tired maybe. nobody has ever chosen director's folio at my school before so my teacher doesnt know a lot about it. i'm not too worried about it now. i've almost finished. hows everybody else going?

Peartie

HSC
I had to hand in a copy for internal marking before Easter.....

I was kind of in the same boat about no1 having done it...i switched from Lights...thats because my teacher had absolutley no idea about what was happening so i swapped...none of the teachers did actually and i was finding it awfully difficult.

Acetaminophen

HSC
yeah nobody from my school ever does lighting either because none of the teachers can teach it.
my Folio is due in 2 weeks for internal marking, its a good system really, it get it out of the way. how did you feel about yours?
what play did you do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)