what if you don't get UAI you wanted? (1 Viewer)

iEdd

HSC
lyounamu said:
oh, that's like me needing low 80s but wanting high 90s?
+1. I need 81, but want mid-90s because I know I can and that would be working to my level.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Yell a lot at people who don't deserve it probably... then yell at myself. Then figure out the fastest way to transfer

dp624

HSC
risole91 said:
dp624 will get 100 UAI.

I just want 80 :shy:
far out stop putting the pressure on me already! i'm anxious enough as it is. time will tell and either the 100 or anything within .1 would be good

iEdd

HSC
Approximately UAI 100, nice. Out of curiosity what were your trial marks for Eng, chem and phys?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i will definitely cry and be pissed off for days and yell at people who are only trying to help.
i will not want to be around me if i don't get 93.10+...which is a distinct possibility. and it will be worse coz i know i def could've got it!

but i will either end up doing a BA-major in psych or do BPsych at like UNCLE..even thought i'd really rather go to sydney somewhere for uni. hmmm. i'd rather not have to make the choice...

lionking1191

HSC
-may-cat- said:
Yell a lot at people who don't deserve it probably... then yell at myself. Then figure out the fastest way to transfer
u forgot: yell at kevin rudd for scrapping DFEE

and then: yell at your parents for not bringing you up as a rich, snobby (private school, cough. *shore*) kid

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lionking1191 said:
u forgot: yell at kevin rudd for scrapping DFEE

and then: yell at your parents for not bringing you up as a rich, snobby (private school, cough. *shore*) kid
i love them for exactly that reason

dp624

HSC
iEdd said:
Approximately UAI 100, nice. Out of curiosity what were your trial marks for Eng, chem and phys?
eerr
99/105, 97/100 and 98/100 respectively

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
if i dont get my uai, im goign to have to work the street

diametric

HSC
dp624; i did better than you in english (103), but, oh my, crapped out in paper 1 in hsc. that is; i screwed up any shot at a state rank. but my lord; your trial marks are blindingly spectacular. i hope you'll be sitting comfortably on a 100 UAI.

dp624

HSC
diametric said:
dp624; i did better than you in english (103), but, oh my, crapped out in paper 1 in hsc. that is; i screwed up any shot at a state rank. but my lord; your trial marks are blindingly spectacular. im hope you'll be sitting comfortably on a 100 UAI.
you do know that 103 is pretty much top 5 in state but? lol gl with that anyways

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
there are thread saying it is less than 2~3 days we get the
HSC mark, but i am so nervous about what i am going to do
if i don't get UAI i want.

if you don't achieve UAI you wanted, what are you going to do?

here is what i will probably do:

1. stare the HSC mark several times
2. stay depressed or cry for a while
3. go to bored of studies website, put those marks to SAM and estimate what uai i can get
4.cry again
you won't be able to get onto SAM the day you get your results. There will be too much traffic from others that the servers won't cope.

diametric

HSC
trials vs. the reality of hsc.
plus, that was only for catholic.
i misinterpreted/misread questions with trial 2 (independent) and ended up with a fairly unimpressive. 98/105.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
diametric said:
trials vs. the reality of hsc.
plus, that was only for catholic.
i misinterpreted/misread questions with trial 2 (independent) and ended up with a fairly unimpressive. 98/105.
What raw mark do you think you attained for HSC Advanced, given you 'screwed up paper 1'?

HSC
My fellow Yr 12's (and Yr 11's) - I posted this somewhere else but I want to spread the word.... this is meant to be for VCE but it will help you people in NSW too

I want to wish you all the best for tommorow - most of you worked very hard throughout the year and I am sure that you will be rewarded.

If you do not go as well as you wanted to - it is not the end of the world just get into a uni course and work your way from there - you will get into any course you want .... you may just have to wait a few years - and if you really want it - a few years shouldn't worry you!
Remember that people move their way into Medicine/Pharmacy and other 'posh' courses from Science and similar subjects every year. My friend got into graduate Medicine at Monash after getting an ENTER of 64.25!!!
Whatever 'number' you get tommorow .... do not make it your identity (unless its really good :)). Realize that you are worth more than that number and know that you can still achieve anything you want - even after VCE!!!

I must admit that I like books (and coffee too) .... I suggest that you read a few books before you start doing something more productive (joking!)
Please read these and don't laugh at me for giving this advice;

- Psycho-cybernetics (Maxwell Maltz) ; very very good book - if you are disappointed tommorow go to Borders and buy it ASAP. If you do well still buy it (or get it off www.scribd.com for free). Its a unique heading - try omit reading it on the train.... unless you want weird looks, the first chapter is boring but it is really good after.
- The Law of success in 16 lessons (Napoleon Hill)
- The success principles (Jack Canfield)
- Evolve your brain (Joe Dispenza)
- You can heal your life (Louis Hays)

No I am not kidding - read them!

Remember that a person that is WILLING to achieve will ALWAYS find a way - or make one! Whatever happens tommorow was a result of your PAST actions. If you don't like it.... its ok.... you have TIME to recover. Just believe in yourself, know that you CAN CHANGE your situation and that you can become whoever you want!

Congratulations
Be proud of your efforts

Iza

PS; Enjoy your 'hot' summer and don't get trampled in shopping centres at the moment especially if you go to borders

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i would cry. its not so much a question of getting into the course (cause if i completely fail i can do accounting at unewcastle with 60, less even cause of bonus points) but i really really really want to go to unsw. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 93 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

dp624

HSC
freedomseeker09 said:
My friend got into graduate Medicine at Monash after getting an ENTER of 64.25!!!
How is this possible? zomg

layzeehbum

HSC
i would commit suicide if i dun get my desired uai

just kidding =p

HSC
Got into Deakin University (Geelong) Science - worked hard got good grades tranferred into Biomedical Science .... graduated .... did GAMSAT (did well) and got into Med - its not hard its just a nuisance - in the end YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE COURSE whether with HECs or full fee. As long as you work hard at uni VCE enter score is pretty much ignored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)