What if your rank isn't great? (1 Viewer)

reyesa01

HSC
My ranks are around 20-30 in each subject. Will this greatly affect my overall ATAR? I'm just worried now, that now that my ranks cannot change and that I won't be able to achieve an ATAR of 80 when I calculate my percentages in an ATAR calculator. I am aiming for a band 5 in each subject now for the HSC exams.

HSC
You can do well in externals, however your rank is going to determine the moderated internal mark you receive. If you ranked in the 20s and 30s that means you'll get the 20th-30th internal mark

habibi213

HSC
Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong) your internal rank plays a role in your moderated assessment mark, whereas your external HSC exam plays a major role in both your examination mark AND your moderated assessment mark - the two scores are averaged to give you your HSC mark which will influence your star. This means that it is possible (through hard work) for you to achieve your goals if you manage to own your externals.

photastic

HSC
Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong) your internal rank plays a role in your moderated assessment mark, whereas your external HSC exam plays a major role in both your examination mark AND your moderated assessment mark - the two scores are averaged to give you your HSC mark which will influence your star. This means that it is possible (through hard work) for you to achieve your goals if you manage to own your externals.
Your performance on the day only affects your exam mark, not your moderated assessment mark since this is determined by your cohort's performance and your rank. Hence, if you are not 1st or last, you have no control over this mark.

HSC
Your performance on the day only affects your exam mark, not your moderated assessment mark since this is determined by your cohort's performance. Hence, if you are not 1st or last, you have no control over this mark.
Exactly & if you're ranked 10th then you'll get the 10th highest internal moderated mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)