What is a good related text for imaginative journeys? (1 Viewer)

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
Hi all,

My half yearlys is coming in a month, i was wondering what is a good related text for the area of study (imaginative journeys). I would really appreciate it if u guys can tell me some good related texts since i dont know any >_<.

Solitaire

HSC
Hey!
I used Donnie Darko for my imaginative journeys speech and got great marks for it. Its a good text type because it allows the audience to enter into the character's mind and discover what it is that Donnie thinks is reality and imagination.... just like all of us.

A good physical journey text is Forrest Gump, which speaks for itself.

Good luck, I hope that was what you were looking for...

:)

HSC
I've never seen Donnie Darko, but I think The butterfly effect is a good in the same way, as the main character guy is always changing from imagination to reality and is always unsure of what is real and true anymore.

Daffodils (can't remember who wrote it) is a good link to Coleridge if youre doing that as one of the romantics wrote it.

Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland are goodies but they are quite common amongst many people.

ninoshka

HSC
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It focuses on the intertwining of reality with the abstract - the line between physical reality and imagination is blurred. It's perplexing at times...but its an awesome movie. :)

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
Thanks heaps! I havnt seen Donnie Darko, The Butterfly effect or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. For the related text we have to somehow link it to coleridge poems.

buzzcut

HSC
I'm thinking of doing "Labyrinth" because that's what I did for my additional text for Extension English last year, and I got good marks. So I figure I might as well use a text I already know about.

But, our teacher is trying to steer us away from films, and is heavily suggesting we use a poem.....

HSC
buzzcut said:
But, our teacher is trying to steer us away from films, and is heavily suggesting we use a poem.....
Make sure you have a wide range of different text types used.

jest

HSC
i used a buffy episode and a children's book "queen of the night"

look at some children's books cos there's heaps in them about imaginative journeys and you can focus on the images for it

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
Wow ^_^ Thanks everyone !!
Arnt poems harder to interpret, since theres so many meanings to the poem?

Jessica14

HSC
Hey guys

Has anyone read the novel, "The Book of Lies", by James Moloney? If so, does it seem to be a good ORT for imaginative journey? My teacher won't give me a straight answer and I'm really closed for ideas on ORTs.

Thanks everyone,

Jess

Jessica14

HSC
Not particularly, it's about 400 pages and a children's novel. The only real issue with it is that it may not go into a lot of depth.

munchybuddy

HSC
Hey everyone here are some great topics for related texts:

Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Star Wars
The chronicles on Narnia
E.T
Artworks by salvador Dali (Metamorphisis is a good one)

Pretty much every movie has some relation to imaginative journeys. The disney ones are the best to have a look at

Hope that helps

HSC
Big Fish? LOVE IT. So many fairytale motifs (witch, werewolf, giant, spiders, cute town, children, large mystical fish...)

Try DARK CRYSTAL by Jim Henson - a classic film. The first ever film to make COMPLETE use of animatronics. Not a SINGLE human ever seen on screen.
OR... The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
MirrorMask - Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean ("The Sandman" creators)
KING KONG (1933 - The ORIGINAL IS BEST! AS ALWAYS) - Brilliant... Can't say anything else...

There are plenty of books (Many Roald Dahl stories are good... Umbrella Man especially...)
Some plays (Ruby Moon - Matt Cameron, Fortune - Hilary Bell, Wolf Lullaby - Hilary Bell...)
For a children's story, try... Where The Wild Things Are ...or.... whatever you liked as a child...) I'm impartial to The Tales Of Peter Rabbit and Friends by Beatrix Potter... BEAUTIFUL to say the least....

HAPPY CHOOSING! *grins and laughs evilly*
Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders (formerly MKZaa)

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
How can u relate Big Fish to Coleridge?
Ekkk... one week to go until its the half yearlys! >_<"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)