What is a "load" (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Like having a load on the motor.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
In the context of circuits, its the energy supplied across an element in the circuit and the corresponding drop.

For simplification, think of it as the voltage across the element. That is the HSC "simplification".

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
its basically something that takes energy from the circuit like a motor, light bulb, whatever

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
its basically something that takes energy from the circuit like a motor, light bulb, whatever
It can be but generally this leads to giving people the misconception of what the load actually is.

Speaking of this, its the reason why we don't see negative voltage in HSC. Its because the question is always worded in a way to prevent negatives.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
So something that makes it do work?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
So something that makes it do work?
Yes (Something that provides it with energy). Hence the load is obtained by applying a current/voltage across the element (in your example the element is a motor).

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Yes (Something that provides it with energy). Hence the load is obtained by applying a current/voltage across the element (in your example the element is a motor).
Ok. Thanks for all the replies everyone :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
np.

If you have anything related to basics of electric or electronic circuits, feel free to ask me because I'm doing that in depth right now in first semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)