What is a wordy hsc subject with least amount of extended response (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Maltese Continuers has been officially suspended as an HSC subject due to the fact that the candidature of this course fell below 15 in three consecutive years, as per NESA's policy. 2021 marks the last year in which Maltese Continuers is assessed.

The official description for Aboriginal Studies is as follows:

This course provides students with opportunities to learn about Aboriginal Peoples' relationship to the Land, Aboriginal heritage and identity. Through a historical examination of colonialism, racism and prejudice, legislation and policy, students study the course through the lens of national and international indigenous community experiences. Students demonstrate their understanding of research and inquiry methods through the major project.

Based on this description, we can definitely say that this subject involves learning about the past and present of those groups of people. :)
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 7.43.43 pm.png

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
ngl i kinda miss ipt it was fun, if it wasnt for the dreaded textbook.
Those textbooks were the biggest scams imo, i swear you don't need them to do good for IPT, I'm pretty sure the author was fking around when he decided to do that. I have the davis and heinneman textbooks with me from school and I've only ever touched it a week before exams.

hellohowslife

HSC
Those textbooks were the biggest scams imo, i swear you don't need them to do good for IPT, I'm pretty sure the author was fking around when he decided to do that. I have the davis and heinneman textbooks with me from school and I've only ever touched it a week before exams.
lmaoo yea that Samuel Davis textbook is cancer

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I was interested in doing IPT but few students had preferred it and the subject didn’t run.
well just avoid aboriginal studies. I thought that subject was easy but, boy after looking at that 2020 paper there is a shit ton of writing.
Never choose a subject blindly, always ask people who may have studied it or look at the previous HSC papers and sample work.

laterz laterz

HSC
That’s your job to write the notes to making it more clear and understanding instead of reading chunks of it on the day before the exam
bro your name is actually you if you dont get what is he trying to say there
he is saying it can be like other textbooks such as phys or chem where information is there are it actually explains everything that is needed to, even if its a bit long
the ipt textbook just has loads of information that is really unnecessary and is not to the point of all except half the page

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
bro your name is actually you if you dont get what is he trying to say there
he is saying it can be like other textbooks such as phys or chem where information is there are it actually explains everything that is needed to, even if its a bit long
the ipt textbook just has loads of information that is really unnecessary and is not to the point of all except half the page
stop procrastinating and cyber bullying and study

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I guarantee no one reads the textbook unless they're really desperate, you really do not need that much information. Whoever does read all of it is getting finessed. This is literally the perfect example on why quality over quantity is preached so much. Just grab yourself IPT notes and your fine for the subject, it isn't business studies, eco or legal - just literally remember the core basics and you should be fine.

The worse thing about IPT has to be the textbooks and the fact that they haven't updated it since 2009, which is crazy. IPT has a lot of potential but the content is so outdated due to the textbooks being the only copies of IPT syllabus. It really has potential but its kinda neglected, still a great bludge subject though if you plan to drop a subject in yr 12.

GoldenMelon

HSC
I guarantee no one reads the textbook unless they're really desperate, you really do not need that much information. Whoever does read all of it is getting finessed. This is literally the perfect example on why quality over quantity is preached so much. Just grab yourself IPT notes and your fine for the subject, it isn't business studies, eco or legal - just literally remember the core basics and you should be fine.

The worse thing about IPT has to be the textbooks and the fact that they haven't updated it since 2009, which is crazy. IPT has a lot of potential but the content is so outdated due to the textbooks being the only copies of IPT syllabus. It really has potential but its kinda neglected, still a great bludge subject though if you plan to drop a subject in yr 12.
I do believe IPT as a subject is ending as well. NESA is finally rewriting the syllabus for IPT but the subject is gonna be called something different now. 2021 should be the last year IPT runs, or maybe it was 2022.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I do believe IPT as a subject is ending as well. NESA is finally rewriting the syllabus for IPT but the subject is gonna be called something different now. 2021 should be the last year IPT runs, or maybe it was 2022.
Is there a source for this information? NESA suspends/discontinues a subject when where HSC candidature numbers fall below 15 in three consecutive years. IPT has 1939 enrolments for the 2021 HSC. Based on this, it is clear that IPT as a whole cannot be suspended/discontinued, which brings us to a potential syllabus change/update. NESA has not mentioned anything about a new syllabus or syllabus change/update regarding IPT 🤔

GoldenMelon

HSC
Is there a source for this information? NESA suspends/discontinues a subject when where HSC candidature numbers fall below 15 in three consecutive years. IPT has 1939 enrolments for the 2021 HSC. Based on this, it is clear that IPT as a whole cannot be suspended/discontinued, which brings us to a potential syllabus change/update. NESA has not mentioned anything about a new syllabus or syllabus change/update regarding IPT 🤔
Yeah it is getting a syllabus update, which my teacher has confirmed as well. I do believe the course is going to be renamed “Enterprise Computing”. There is already a draft syllabus that you can view online for the new course.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it is getting a syllabus update, which my teacher has confirmed as well. I do believe the course is going to be renamed “Enterprise Computing”. There is already a draft syllabus that you can view online for the new course.
Thanks. If anyone is interested in knowing what this change entails, here's an overview.

As of right now, changes evident in the draft syllabus are as follows:
  • Information Processes and Technology (IPT) and Information Processes and Technology Life Skills (IPT Life Skills) will indeed be renamed to Enterprise Computing and Enterprise Computing Life Skills respectively.
  • The content will be structured in a manner that will encourage project work.
  • The content will be updated to reflect/be consistent with contemporary practices.
  • There will be computer-based HSC examinations specifications.
  • There will be a strengthened representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures.
The year 11 course explores the following topics:
  • Developing Multimedia Experiences
  • Connecting with Intelligent Systems
  • Creating Enterprise Systems using Informatics
The year 12 course explores the following topics:
  • Communicating through Visualisations
  • Creating Secure Data Systems
  • Integrating Hardware with Software
  • Leveraging Intelligent Networks
  • Enterprise Project

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
pls don't cancel me but um what does that exactly mean, or is it just nesa jargon?
I believe this is suggesting that there will be a larger emphasis on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture within each Preliminary and HSC topic, possibly including how those relate/are connected to different technological concepts.

This is not unique to Enterprise Computing however, as the same aspect is outlined in a draft syllabus for Information and Software Technology (IST) for years 7-10, the name change being to Integrated Computing.

yanujw

HSC
The old naming was better because it implies that IST (Information Software and Technology) correlates IPT (Information Processes and Technology) and SDD (Software Design and Development)

These new names are... ok I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)