What is all this stuff im signed up to go to? UTS does a lot for first yrs...>.> (1 Viewer)

xxJTxx

HSC
Okay after doing the six steps, browsing around and adding a whole lot of events to my timetable..i have found im going to so many uts related things:

i) Enrolment (well duh) on the 5th of Feb
ii) "Orientation Registration" i.e. "Official Welcome" on the 18th of Feb --> UPDATE: Boring waste of time!
iii) "Law O Camp" from the 13th - 15th of Feb
iv) "O-Day" on the 20th of Feb
v) "Law Undergrad Welcome Autumn 08" on the 21st of Feb
vi) "Campus Tour" on the 22nd of Feb
:jaw:
I'm pretty sure that's all of them. I feel like im a UTS nerd all of a sudden.

What's the orientation registration aka "Official Welcome"? Is that just a general welcome to all the first yr uts'ers? And the Law Undergrad one is the same thing, but for the law faculty only?

If your going to uts..are you doing all of these things? If so, are you looking forward to them, and why did you decide to go? If not..why aren't you going?

Oh and btw is the UTS Advantage thing worth paying for?

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC
When I enrolled I only went to the actual enrollment, where I was told what to enroll into.

I went to the official welcome thing.. for like 2 minutes and left. Long speech by whoever saying whatever, you know involves sitting in the great hall watching some people speak for awhile... To me that is boring.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah the official welcome thing is a basically waste of time. i wouldnt really bother with that.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
jemsta said:
yeah the official welcome thing is a basically waste of time. i wouldnt really bother with that.
I totally agree with jeremy and krazie. It is just a 30min official introduction from the VC Ross and other notary UTS people.

sergeoz said:
hey ..wer did u sign up for the law enrolment thing ??
The enrollment is the day where you get your HECS form approved (if you didn't do it online), create your timetable and get your Student ID card. You should have nominated a time and date during one of the steps @ the Start @ UTS website.

xxJTxx

HSC
jemsta said:
So no official welcome for me then. lol.
what about the law welcome? is that the same shiz, but diff smell?

krayzie_

HSC
xxJTxx said:
So no official welcome for me then. lol.
what about the law welcome? is that the same shiz, but diff smell?
Yeah, same thing just different smell. I think there was a Science welcome or something but the official welcome scared me so bad I didn't bother coming in again till first day of lectures. lol

xxJTxx

HSC
krayzie_ said:
Yeah, same thing just different smell. I think there was a Science welcome or something but the official welcome scared me so bad I didn't bother coming in again till first day of lectures. lol
yah :D ill just ditch the welcomes. and go to the law camp. ill see how i feel on o-day haha.

im interested in the campus tour though..though i doubt they take you absolutely everywhere around the campus..>.> just gotta learn all the little bits and pieces along the way.

BTW does uts give free diaries?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes they give you free diaries. You pick them up during o week i think.

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
jemsta said:
yes they give you free diaries. You pick them up during o week i think.
im really looking forward to that diary.

watiwat

HSC
Unwant3d said:
im really looking forward to that diary.
yeah me too, the UTS diaries tend look so much better than the other uni ones..

antisheep

HSC
Every second page of the diary is advertising! I chucked it and bought a plain one.

Don't you guys have to do ELSSA sessions? i was first year last year and I had to do an english language skills session. Biggest waste of my life ever.

This year I switched to mac and all mac makes you do is go and enrol... not even an official welcome! How good is that!!?!?!

Anyways, I'll miss UTS in a way, you guys are gonna have fun there.

xxJTxx

HSC
Oooo this diary could go either way for me..i'm used to a nice day to a page diary..very organised and write everything i have to do. im pretty sure the uni one will be a week to a page (or a double spread) with, as someone said above..a hella lot of advertising crammed everywhere they can :)

oh well..ill see how i go before i go and invest $40 in my particularly picked diary :D

and english language skills session? never heard of it.

SO what about the UTS Advantage program????? comments????

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
dont bother with the uts advantage program either. Its a waste of money.

krayzie_

HSC
Well if you got the money then yeah why not, but if money isn't a luxury for you then don't bother with it.. Won't hurt either way.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
xxJTxx said:
im interested in the campus tour though..though i doubt they take you absolutely everywhere around the campus..>.> just gotta learn all the little bits and pieces along the way.
Campus tour was pretty good. I'd recommend it.

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
Huratio said:
Campus tour was pretty good. I'd recommend it.
what if you can't make it?
ie. your on camp.

damn. that was the only thing i was really going to.

xxJTxx

HSC
krayzie_ said:
Well if you got the money then yeah why not, but if money isn't a luxury for you then don't bother with it.. Won't hurt either way.
No UTS Advantage program for me then!
I looked into it, they give a discount for the gym or whatever..that's theo nly thing i'd be interested in..but i already have a gold fitness first membership..so i can just go to one of the city gyms then.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lol building 2 is a hole. Building 4 and 6 is where its at yo =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)