what is an easy course to end my final sem with.. (1 Viewer)

jianpang

HSC
So here's my dilemma... I've failed 4 subjects during my first year, quit WoW, and have turned over a new leaf (and major) since and have been doing quite well.

Next semester is my final sem, i double major in Financial Econs and Finance. I overloaded this semester and need to overload next semester to graduate at the end of this year (which i hope and pray for) and since I'm going to overload next sem, I'm hoping that I can pick the easier subjects.

This is the list that I have.
econs:
ECON2207 Econometric Methods (6 UOC)
ECON3114 Super and Retirement Benefits (6 UOC)
fins:
FINS3623 Small Business Finance (6 UOC)
FINS3625 Applied Corporate Finance (6 UOC)
FINS3635 Options, Futures&Risk Mgmt (6 UOC)
FINS3636 Interest Rate Risk Management (6 UOC)
FINS3640 Investment Mgmt Modeling (6 UOC)
FINS3641 Security Analysis & Valuation (6 UOC)
FINS3655 Behavioural Finance (6 UOC) - last i checked was full next sem
FINS3775 Research Methods in Finance 1 (6 UOC)

Because I am a 2007 intake student, my plan follows 2007 and I have subjects that can be counted for either Financial Economics or Finance (but not both) and therefore for this last subject, whether it is an ECON subject or FINS, i can still be eligible to graduate with double major in Financial Econs and Finance.

So, any advice on which subject i should take from the list above? I only need one more, I've picked fins3630 and fins2643 already:hammer:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Econometric Methods.

I've never actually done it but considering that you're a fins eco student, you've probably already completed financial and intro econometrics. If this is the case, methods will be just more of the same and that's it.

jianpang

HSC
anything else besides econometrics? like wud that be what u say "the easiest"? because i didnt like econometrics altho i've passed the introductory ones.

jianpang

HSC
sigh, well at least none of those failed subjects are my majors (at least not any more >.<) but yeah my degree's pretty much down the drain. I'm just gonna grab on anything i can grab on when i do start working. All my hopes are just, well no more right now.

Interviews well i guess i'll just have to tell the truth. Was a kid, played WoW in the first year. Took the last train out b4 the uni kicked me and did my best for the next 2 years (that's given i pass my subjects this and next sem) yeah, shit happened.

akqjt

HSC
All the finance subjects you listed are the 'hard' onces, except for small business finance which I've never heard anything about. I did quite well in options and the content wasn't too difficult so maybe that. IMM is apparently dirt easy too (no final exam) especially if you do it with friends (share work/assignments).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)