What is ANU like with chemistry and psychology? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I know they're good at physics and geoscience, but what about chemistry?

What are the courses like in terms of teaching quality and coverage of material?

Do they have any research strengths in chemistry, specifically catalysis and surface chemistry?

And in terms of psychology, is there a focus on developmental or abnormal or anything? Are the lecturers/tutors/students pretentious? What's it like in terms of research?

Blackalicious

HSC
Chem is awesome. The lecture's are down to earth and understanding and fantastic teachers. Mark Ellison in particular, that man is a God. In terms of research, i'm not sure but there should be quite a bit of infomation on the ANU chem website about research projects. But if you want to go into research ANU is the place to be, particularly for science.

As for psych great teachers too. The course covers all areas offered at ANU. Cognition, biologial bases and stats first semester. Social, developmental, and abnormal second semseter.

budj

HSC
Id very much agree with Blackalicious on this one, the chemistry department is awesome at ANU. And yes, Mark Ellision is a god, he will go out of his way to help anyone, and he is very enthused about his subject, which always makes a good lecturer.

As for research, the ANU has an awesome chemistry department. I dont know if u have heard sliode rule but there is this degree called the bachelor of philosophy which is like a science degree but with extra courses such as research projects. Im currently enrolled in this course, and over the summer i plan to do a research project in chemistry, hopefully with the head of chemistry "Jeoff slalem" who works in inorganic chemistry.

So my opinioin would be that ANU chem is awesome, and u should definitely come here if that is your major degree plan.

I also did psych in first semester, although i didnt attend any lectures due to consecurtive hangovers on friday mornings. But i have been told that the psych department is awesome, especially in the fields of biological basis of behaviour.

hope this helps bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)