What is credit average? :x (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Sorry if this is the stupidest question ever but what is a credit average and how do you know if you have one?
I'm currently sitting on two distinctions and one pass for 3 subjects I will complete this semester.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If you have any exams, it's probably too soon to try forecasting your marks. Assessments prior to exams are usually not a good indicator of how you'll go in the final (unless there was a midsem).

At UTS, we use GPA so your average will be based on GPA. The UTS GPA is based on pass being 1.5, credit being 2.5, distinction being 3.5 and high distinction being 4. So assuming all your subjects are 6 credit points each and the pass was NOT in a pass/fail subject, your GPA would be (3.5+3.5+2.5)/3 = 2.833... which is greater than 2.5 but less than 3.5 - so that would be credit average.

There's some more info here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/586/general-university-discussion/313685/wam-gpa-guide.html

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
From what I gather most of the universities in NSW the credit average is 65-74

The credit average was 60-69 in Victoria and Western Australia.

How does this affect entry into postgrad? There is a table which shows the proportion (GEMSAS have one), so at the end of the day an 80 from Monash is not disadvantaged or advantaged to an 80 from say Sydney University.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)