What is everyone doing for their Major? (1 Viewer)

HuangYST

HSC
I agree, you shouldn't let art teachers decide on what you should or should not do as your subject matter. But you'll probably do better if you push the boundaries of what your medium can allow you to express to the audience (Your art teacher would probably have a bunch of good suggestions to help you out there).

I'm doing a series of acryclic paintings on paper, based around memories of the Paramatta river (did rowing for the school for 5 seasons). Good luck to all of you guys, hope I see some of your stuff at artexpress!

Lovehack

HSC
I'm doing a Triptych which is essentialy an appropriation/inversion of Bosch's "Garden of Earthly Delights". Main focus of the work is maniplation and uses some of my own works and an appropriation of Goya's "Colossus". It's crammed full up symbolism which i'm pretty sure is realatively easy to identify.

How's that sound to everyone? I've heard only praise at school but i've decided to seek a second opinion.

nonsense

HSC
im doing a collection of works... really its a shrine... you all probably think it sounds lame, which it does, but it actually is turning out better than it sounds. its a shrine to street art incorporating toy train with graffiti, candle holders made out of spray cans, cross out of spray can nozzles and a canvas with graffiti backing in, all that is sitting on a perspex board and underneath is like a city scape of buildings with graffiti on them, streetlights, a guy spraying a building etc. laugh it up if u want. but i suck at art so this is the best i got lol.

slippys

HSC
I'm doing a film on "simple happiness". Is anyone else doing film? I'd really like to talk to other film makers and see what anyone else did. I was the first person ever at my school to do a film. Bit of a lovely little moment there huh.

jessal

HSC
nonsense said:
im doing a collection of works... really its a shrine... you all probably think it sounds lame, which it does, but it actually is turning out better than it sounds. its a shrine to street art incorporating toy train with graffiti, candle holders made out of spray cans, cross out of spray can nozzles and a canvas with graffiti backing in, all that is sitting on a perspex board and underneath is like a city scape of buildings with graffiti on them, streetlights, a guy spraying a building etc. laugh it up if u want. but i suck at art so this is the best i got lol.
it actually sounds cool.
take photos?

hannah0709

HSC
um yeh let me kno wat u all think of my idea...
mines a comment on our 'fast-food' societies and mentalities... how we dont take the time to appreciate aspects of life such as art.

i hav sculpted like over 30 cups that look like the styrofoam coffee cups, stained them wif coffee and at the bottom of them i hav put pictures or fragments of pics that i hav painted or drawn wif ink. the pictures are all famous works mainly from the renaissance and also impressionist periods (the periods of art most widely recognized and valued). the cups also hav torn words etc from art history books on them
i also hav roughly 30 plastic chinese container lids and placed inside em more of my drawn pics. the lids hang on the wall and the cups are an installment on the floor.

wat do u think??

soukuturtle

HSC
Mine's a series of CGIs and a digital animation (running for about 2mins 34secs) about extinction and stuff. The animation's 1800+ frames are individually hand drawn (which took sooo long) and is synced to the music "Sadness" by Erdin or something. Iunno. I quite like the music, haha.

reno369

HSC
ooo first post...this is rather exciting! lol

well i did five A1 sized portraits of wrinkly old ladies! it is about challenging the conventions of beauty, showing the intricacies of wrinkles and using them to create differently personas. kinda like recognising the life and beauty in the old.

probably sounds weird, wat do u rekon?

everyone elses seems a tad more conceptual and mines pretty traditional which is a bit worrying but for an internal assessment i got a mid mark in the top band.

i wanna kno wat everyone else has done! keep posting...!

goosiegoo

HSC
I like the sound of that. It sounds quirky. Hehe.

Mine was complicated to explain, but in short it was generally about day dreams. So i took everyday events in my life and gave them a fantasy feel. I do a lot of day dreaming at school, so i just generally went with that. Doesn't sound very intelligent but i didn't really want to go with an extremely deep or social issue. Hehe.

Simone Pip

HSC
mine is in sculpture but is a collection of resin blocks, that have inside of them diffrent party goods, every second resin block is hundreds and thousands and the whole idea is that these brithday goods have been fossilised, because they are a part of histroy as everything is only we dont really notice that everything is history. so its just kind of showing, that hundreds and thousands of people have brithdays every year, and this is how i celebrate mine and i would like to make it a part of history.

9something like this ,y idea got mesed up beacuse some of my resin blocks got ruined when i packed it forcing me to discard some blocks and alter my idea slightly)
i know it sounds terrible everyone elses sound amazing i wish i was talented enough to get into to art express!

good luck everyone

~kiki

HSC
hannah0709 said:
um yeh let me kno wat u all think of my idea...
mines a comment on our 'fast-food' societies and mentalities... how we dont take the time to appreciate aspects of life such as art.

i hav sculpted like over 30 cups that look like the styrofoam coffee cups, stained them wif coffee and at the bottom of them i hav put pictures or fragments of pics that i hav painted or drawn wif ink. the pictures are all famous works mainly from the renaissance and also impressionist periods (the periods of art most widely recognized and valued). the cups also hav torn words etc from art history books on them
i also hav roughly 30 plastic chinese container lids and placed inside em more of my drawn pics. the lids hang on the wall and the cups are an installment on the floor.

wat do u think??
Actually, I really like this idea. Are the cups you "sculpted" ceramic?...

tastelikespoon!

HSC
Lovehack said:
I'm doing a Triptych which is essentialy an appropriation/inversion of Bosch's "Garden of Earthly Delights". quote]

dats me to.... kinda!
but i've only used the structure of his painting (the 3 panels) with a twist, i cut each of the panel into different shapes... it empahsizes my theme i guess.
it was base on the 3 femals generation in my family, so
i did the first panel on my garandmother(how everything was traditional), my mum(stuck in both worlds) & myself (not so traditional) so it express the different society and culture from the past to now. i did painting by the way

i dont no if that makes ne sense to ne1 but dats wot i did, it didnt turend out like i wanted it to be but it was still pretty gud.. i thought ne way lol

by the time i finish literelly bout 7 hrs b4 it was due, ive had enough i wanted to chuck it out!!
im so glad its ovr, fuk i was stressed ay... lesson learnt dnt leave work/assessment to the last minutes

ne 1 else feels like they wanted to throw or burn their works???

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
hey everyone,

im looking at stop animation 2! I havnt started yet but i know for a fact that it is hell time consuming and if u want to do it right basically isolation from society for a month should do the trick. i recon ppl who do stop animation have no real life or scared to film the realities of our own world and thus covers it in there own little animation. (MY IDEA THAKS VERY MUCH!!!) and yes my theory does apply to me, there is no exception ! lol well if anyone has any ideas for their animation leave a reply and post updates!
cya

Briq.

HSC
My concept is pretty sad. Most of my "ideas" so far have been people who've been maimed in some way. Everyone says I need therapy D: D:
So much for expressing myself. Guh.

Anyway. I'm either doing three paintings, or a sculpture. Meh.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
im doing a collection of guoache paintings with the theme of my childhood
and focusing it on a carousel i used to go to heaps when i was a kid
tossing between making it semi abstract or semi surreal. maybe ill probably do both :)

rach19

HSC
Im doing a collage of photoframes, on MDF pannels with various element of houses eg numbers, doorbell, light etc and some large prints A4, A3 maybe of houses that are unusual and kitch.Basicly about housing in Australia and the economic crisis and the link home and individual have. Shouldnt be too hard I just have to take the photos and do a tonne of photoshopping

Marc.

HSC
Major... Tutorial DVD for beginners on Bass... just the basics tuning, restringing tablature reading and software use,choosing your bass, aplification settings, playing styles etc....

ethereal--

HSC
Hey. I just joined BoS so sorry about the bump.
Just for my Major Work though;
Initially it was the Seven Deadly Sins (yes a topic done soooo many times) but now it is Fairy Tales (another cliche and done-to-death topic) but doing the post-modern spin on it by creating scenarios in well-known and not so well-known fairy tales and reversing meanings and confronting the responder. This has probably done to death; but I wish to incorporate the Seven Deadly Sins into it to have that original aspect, and have it in a hardcover book. Photos are the main work; with a happy, joyous story juxtaposed with the pictures.

This sounds it may have been done to death. Please, Am I on the right track? Will they look at my MW and go, "Another Fairy Tale ==;;" ?

louistheroux

HSC
I'm doing a renaissance/baroque style painting of Elizabeth I and Robert Dudley ~ fascinating rofl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)