what is failing (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
idk it just came to my mind and I was wondering whats considered of failing. E.g Trying out for selective/ scholarship but not getting in, is that failing? Not getting into a univerity is that a failure? Does that mean all the people who didn't make into scholarship or selective who tried out are considered as a failure ? they have not failed "life" but a failed "student" what are your thoughts.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
idk it just came to my mind and I was wondering whats considered of failing. E.g Trying out for selective/ scholarship but not getting in, is that failing? Not getting into a univerity is that a failure? Does that mean all the people who didn't make into scholarship or selective who tried out are considered as a failure ? they have not failed "life" but a failed "student" what are your thoughts.
When u dont reach ur parents expectations

liamkk112

HSC
depends what your goals are and where u want to go. i failed selective school tryouts in year 9 in victoria, still managed to get 98.95 atar, doesn't mean you are a bad student for doing so. tbh the pressures on high school students, especially in sydney, to get into selective schools and med or law or whatever prestigious course and uni are pretty high, but it doesn't make u a bad student for going to a public school or not getting 99.95 atar or going to a lower ranked uni. realistically it doesn't matter at all, so long as u end up studying what u truly want to, not what ur parents want or what ur friends want or whoever else wants u to do. imo if u don't end up doing what u truly want to do or are unhappy with your job, that is failure.

however there is not one path to success, u might have issues or just be lazy during high school which prevents u from accessing the future that you want, but i firmly believe that if you try and work hard you can get there, whether that takes 3 years extra study at uni, or not going there and doing an apprenticeship/tafe. so long as u end up where u want to be, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if u flunked high school or went to the number 1 school in the state, as long as u are happy with where u are going : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)