What is genuinely considered a good raw mark? (1 Viewer)

d1zzyohs

HSC
I got a 79 on the CSSA MX2 trial.
What's a good raw mark (like no bs like genuinely)

dasfas

HSC
depends on your aims, do you want to pass chem? do you want to state rank?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I got a 79 on the CSSA MX2 trial.
What's a good raw mark (like no bs like genuinely)
I was getting 70s for trials too then grinded and improved after every past paper before the HSC and got (I'm guessing) around 85-90 raw (I dunno) so make sure you improve when you do the papers.

For example my biggest problem was I couldn't do the hard questions. Most people just look at the solution and say "ok that makes sense" but I guarantee if you do the question a week later you won't get it. So try and think "WHY did they come up with this first step - was there clues in the info provided? for this circle geo did this angle given indicate vertically opposite angles?" etc. So yea improve your thought processes and improve on your mistakes.

d1zzyohs

HSC
I was getting 70s for trials too then grinded and improved after every past paper before the HSC and got (I'm guessing) around 85-90 raw (I dunno) so make sure you improve when you do the papers.

For example my biggest problem was I couldn't do the hard questions. Most people just look at the solution and say "ok that makes sense" but I guarantee if you do the question a week later you won't get it. So try and think "WHY did they come up with this first step - was there clues in the info provided? for this circle geo did this angle given indicate vertically opposite angles?" etc. So yea improve your thought processes and improve on your mistakes.
Yeah that's what I'm realising too. The hard questions is 95% mindset; I was so tilted in the trials I just gave up for ten minutes. Looks like the examiners give you a shit ton of clues for most of the last questions.

Pedwards517

HSC
This is a tough one. Every school has a different grading scale and every professor has a different grading scale. The easiest way to find out your grade is to ask your professor. It's best to ask him/her at the end of the semester (or at the end of the school year). Some schools allow you to check your grades online, so you might want to do that as well.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah that's what I'm realising too. The hard questions is 95% mindset; I was so tilted in the trials I just gave up for ten minutes. Looks like the examiners give you a shit ton of clues for most of the last questions.
Yeah and also something I did was just start the exam with the non-multiple choice questions, and start with the easiest part for momentum.
Yeah so it's definitely possible to improve to a 90 raw mark. I even wanted to quit Maths Ext 2 in the first semester because complex numbers and graphs were too hard LOL

hehe43

HSC
If you go to rawmarks.info it gives raw to scaled hsc mark conversions submitted by students from previous years. Normally for extension 2, low to mid 70s raw in the hsc translates to 90 scaled mark. Cssa trials are meant to be at the level of hsc or harder so at this rate you should be set for an e4. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)