What is IPT? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello, i am a year 11 student who is new to all this stuff and is only trying to find a combination of subjects that i will love, so i'm doing IPT but i'm thinking of dropping it, but firstly what do you do? Is it like making websites? Thats all?

Thanks

Gigacube

HSC
No you don't make websites in IPT.
Have you looked at the IPT syllabus? It tells you what is IPT & what stuff you do. Take a look in there before you ask any more questions.
The prelim year of IPT is mainly:

• Collecting
• Organising
• Analysing
• Storing and Retrieving
• Processing
• Transmitting and Receiving
• Displaying
• Integration of processes

It's very boring but the HSC year is more to do with databases. If you aren't good at computers than don't pick this subject.

Gigacube

HSC
This is why you do the subject, to learn.
It helps to have background knowledge in computers, especially databases but if you aren't interested in computers than don't do the subject because you will find it extremely boring.

terminator69

HSC
It helps to have background knowledge in computers, especially databases but if you aren't interested in computers than don't do the subject because you will find it extremely boring.
I don't remember there being any database material in the syllabus.

Kat92

HSC
Hello, i am a year 11 student who is new to all this stuff and is only trying to find a combination of subjects that i will love, so i'm doing IPT but i'm thinking of dropping it, but firstly what do you do? Is it like making websites? Thats all?

Thanks
If you enjoy making websites, perhaps consider Design and Technology (Multimedia). As you could do a website as your Major Project. Like @jules_shorty mentioned, there is a fair bit of theory and database work involved in IPT. So if you are not really interested in that side of things and have more a creative flair for computing; Design and Technology Multimedia would certainly be the way to go.

HSC
sorry so what is data base? like a mind map?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)