What is mainstream? PIP Survey (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opus

HSC
Hey guys, im fairly new at this but i thought it would be a great way to find different opinions from people other then my own micro world. my PIP is on music and popular culture and how it has changed. if you could fill this out and send it to me at music_image_PIP@hotmail.com it would be a great help. if you know anyone else that would like to fill it out, great send them all. thanks and good luck to everyone and doing there PIP

What do you think it means to be cool?
What do you think of the terms “mainstream” and “conformist” in terms of popular culture?
List examples of what you think is conforming or mainstream? E.g. Bands, fashion trends etc.
What type of music do you like? Do you think your taste in music to be mainstream?
Are you anti-mainstream, or non-conformist?
What radio station do you prefer to listen to?
Please mark with an X if you agree with the following statements:
[] music festivals are for getting drunk and smoking pot
[] music festivals are a great place to meet potential boyfriends or girlfriends
[] music festivals are a place to enjoy music and a chance to meet people with the same music tastes.
[] triple J is for educated university students that have an opinion on all things political, social and cultural.
[] triple j is for anyone that enjoys all types of music genres
[] triple j is a radio station that plays good music
[] the top 40 is for people that have no idea of what good music is so they just go along with it
[] for an artist to be successful it is important to be good looking and to wear the latest trends
[] having an ipod classes people as having a “cool” taste in music
[] bands are so much cooler when it seems like you’re the only person that has heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)