what is meant by subject areas? (1 Viewer)

user9314

HSC
N/A
I was told we need 4 subject areas on top of english? and that phys, chem and bio are all one subject area. Does that mean I can't do maths ext1, englishext, chem, phys, bio?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
4 subject areas? ive never heard of that, u very much are able to do those subjects as far as I'm aware

user9314

HSC
N/A
4 subject areas? ive never heard of that, u very much are able to do those subjects as far as I'm aware
uac said "Although eligibility for an ATAR requires completion of at least four subject areas, the aggregate may be based on fewer subject areas"

carrotsss

HSC
Basically maths is a subject area and English is a subject area and then every other subject is too so you can’t just do 4u English 4u math and only one other subject, I’m p sure that’s the only purpose of that requirement

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
uac said "Although eligibility for an ATAR requires completion of at least four subject areas, the aggregate may be based on fewer subject areas"
pretty sure u need to do 4 diff subjecst
so like if u do mx2 engx2 phys thats not enough and u need another 2 unit

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I think it just means 4 different subjects

from what I know,

your 10 units contributing to hsc can’t be 4u eng, 4u math and one other subject … I think it referring to that

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i think that's talking abt 4 'ideal' subjects in addition to english (compulsory 2 units). this means that u need to fill up the remaining EIGHT units which could be whatever u want (even if its fewer subject areas).
so if u want, u could do eng adv + ext 1 + ext 2, math adv + ext 1 + ext 2 + another subject
it doesn't rlly matter

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Basically maths is a subject area and English is a subject area and then every other subject is too so you can’t just do 4u English 4u math and only one other subject, I’m p sure that’s the only purpose of that requirement
huh? i know someone doing that atm

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
"4 subject areas" is what you have to take in Year 12, although it is possible that only 3 of them count towards your atar. As far as I'm aware, the only subjects that do not count as additional "subject areas" are ext subjects.

English counts as a subject area.

In your case, Chem Bio and Physics are all considered 3 different subject areas. Currently, you have 5 subject areas if you are doing 3 math, 3 English, chem, bio, and physics. This means you can afford to drop any one of your subjects (besides english ofc) and still meet the requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)