what is so bad about UWS? (1 Viewer)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
im looking around this these thread things and people are saying that UWS is a crap uni why? coz personally looks okey to me :D

HSC
for courses like medicine and law its heaps good!!.

it's just that it has one of the lowest reputation compared to other uni's depending on the other courses you choose, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's something awful to be apart of as it can provide people other alternatives to transfer out of UWS into another uni, it's just that other uni's tend to provide more than UWS.

HSC
i didnt think it was bad or good until i went to open day and then thought it was terrible.

it was so badly organised and the lectures were horrible especially the arts lecture. it turned me off the uni completly. i think id much rather a gap year than go to uws after that open day.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i didnt think it was bad or good until i went to open day and then thought it was terrible.

it was so badly organised and the lectures were horrible especially the arts lecture. it turned me off the uni completly. i think id much rather a gap year than go to uws after that open day.
o really, i didn't go to the open day lol

HSC

i agree the open day was pretty bad, but the medical lectures was pretty good :)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
Yeah, i thought that they could have organised the open day better. But, for studying medicine, it is pretty good. i hear that they have "state-of-the-art" machines and equipment. i guess it has a bad aurora because it is located out west but i don't see that as a valid reason!. the UWS med building looks really nice and high tech! and there are many places such as bowling, movies e.c.t. that you can go to after your lectures. the city is over rated

HSC
Yeah, i thought that they could have organised the open day better. But, for studying medicine, it is pretty good. i hear that they have "state-of-the-art" machines and equipment. i guess it has a bad aurora because it is located out west but i don't see that as a valid reason!. the UWS med building looks really nice and high tech! and there are many places such as bowling, movies e.c.t. that you can go to after your lectures. the city is over rated
agreed :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
entry to uws isn't as difficult, hence, it attracts (over a large population) students who are less talented.

thats the problem

Uncle

Banned
HSC
http://future.uws.edu.au/ug/eng_info_tech

From this apparently they have robotics and mechatronics engineering but not mechanical engineering, one of the m3nliest degrees and possibly one of the best degrees ever.

so cross off UWS right away.

sorry is that owl-faced professor going to eat my flesh for that??????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

entry to uws isn't as difficult, hence, it attracts (over a large population) students who are less talented.

thats the problem

Uncle

Banned
HSC
no thanks, UWS for not offering mechanical engineering, so its bad things

so better run before that owl-faced professor jabs his beak into my biceps and ouch

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
no thanks, UWS for not offering mechanical engineering, so its bad things

so better run before that owl-faced professor jabs his beak into my biceps and ouch
omg ma god bro, i swear ur funi, um wats wrong with owl faced ma sister was born with a face as a perfect circle.

johony

HSC

oh, could you extend upon what happened? did they not know what they were talking about or something?

i've often thought of uws arts/media as a last last option, but it makes me shudder a little. i'll consider law though.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
omg ma god bro, i swear ur funi, um wats wrong with owl faced ma sister was born with a face as a perfect circle.
Lol ok...

It's pretty simple.

1.) Lowest cutoffs= least talented students (most often)=Low employment prospects
2.) Poor facilities when compared to UNSW, UTS, USYD.
3.) Aesthetically displeasing buildings
4.) Very few social clubs, events, organisations
5.) Lecturers for most courses aren't as qualified as the other three uni's mentioned.
6.) Lacks prestige due to the quality of students being released into the work force from it.

Of course these are all only comparable observations to other universities in Sydney.

Though as someone has said, it does offer people with an option other than TAFE if they don't get into their desired course.

ay0_x

HSC
Harder TAFE courses > low cut off UWS courses.

HSC
oh, could you extend upon what happened? did they not know what they were talking about or something?

i've often thought of uws arts/media as a last last option, but it makes me shudder a little. i'll consider law though.
they seriously had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. the arts lecture was TERRIBLE. i cant even begin to describe how bad it was. they got like 5 students in to talk about their experience. and they were just being stupid and laughing and stuff. people were getting up and walking out. they didnt explain what arts entails or anything.
completly turned me off the uni.
i put uws as my last option. if all else fails which i hope to god it doesnt.

ay0_x

HSC
In terms of what?

Prestige? Difficulty? Job Prospects?

In any case, you should source that claim..
Not prestige.

But difficulty and job prospects.

Architectural technology at TAFE vs Bachelor of Arts at UWS?
Please. No brainer.

samaccount123

HSC
Nothing is wrong with it man, its just the same as getting into macquarie university under the mature age jubilee scheme..ROFL, seriously..you dont need a ATAR to get into macquarie if you qualify for it and I found out just today..though it is only limited..unbelievable hey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)