What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
I suppose some people it means they are pure, especially if they are religious and such. It can also show i suppose a sense of being able to control oneself. I dont mind if people want to stay that way, or not, its up to them really. i dont see it as a reason to attack anyone or anything.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Darnie said:
I suppose some people it means they are pure, especially if they are religious and such. It can also show i suppose a sense of being able to control oneself. I dont mind if people want to stay that way, or not, its up to them really. i dont see it as a reason to attack anyone or anything.
I do have to admit that this is one aspect of religion which doesn't hurt anyone- as long as it is something the person chooses for themselves, not under pressure or because of social stigmas or fear of rejection.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
supercalamari said:
I do have to admit that this is one aspect of religion which doesn't hurt anyone- as long as it is something the person chooses for themselves, not under pressure or because of social stigmas or fear of rejection.
thats true. i dont see why everyone has this idea "omg they wont have sex b4 they're married the church must force theM!!1!!!". most people make the decision themselves.

umaycallmealex

HSC
well to be fair it's not a logical, active choice that the person has made when it's due to dogma instilled by religious institutions. and, what, with the threat of eternal damnation, there's a pretty strong incentive - even a way of forcing.
the value of religion, above all, is that it 'forces' (pressures) people to act better, more morally, even when they normally wouldn't.
and that's great in instances: rape, murder, etc. are all dissuaded. but - and here's the rub - when it's something that should inalienably be a question of choice, like homosexuality, a religion has no right to impose on people.
which side of that divide virginity falls on is certainly hard to say...

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
umaycallmealex said:
well to be fair it's not a logical, active choice that the person has made when it's due to dogma instilled by religious institutions. and, what, with the threat of eternal damnation, there's a pretty strong incentive - even a way of forcing.
the value of religion, above all, is that it 'forces' (pressures) people to act better, more morally, even when they normally wouldn't.
and that's great in instances: rape, murder, etc. are all dissuaded. but - and here's the rub - when it's something that should inalienably be a question of choice, like homosexuality, a religion has no right to impose on people.
which side of that divide virginity falls on is certainly hard to say...
Their isn't always the scaring of people by religion though. Many people that are grown up into religion that i know, don't have hardcore religious parents; they weren't forced into anything. They believe, therefore they choose to follow the church's guidelines or not. Most churches dont believe that if you fornicate, you will go to hell. therefore by using the threat of eternal damnation, it is not valid in this sense.

umaycallmealex

HSC
yeah fair call i suppose
it's different in every case - i was only speaking about some extreme ones (like crazy mormons lol)
out of interest, where is khancoban? i have never heard of it....

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
umaycallmealex said:
yeah fair call i suppose
it's different in every case - i was only speaking about some extreme ones (like crazy mormons lol)
its kinda... between albury/wodonga and thredbo. about an hour 10 from thredbo and hour 3/4 from albury. its a town of about 300 i suppose lol pretty small. i go to school in walla walla though, kinda an awkward situation. lol

shazarna

HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
proud to be a virgin - coz in today's day and age sex is seen as something which can be toyed around with by so many youths
sooo.. umm - i dont know why it's seen as so virtuous and all, but it is - special, coz it's the one thing that you've got to call your own
i dont know - i suppose that it's kinda more specialer to chicks than guys - coz it's a way of life-formationing or something?
i dont know
... but yet.. im proud of my virginity!
hehe

i think it's important to be proud of the choices you make, not necessarily the fact of whether you a virgin or not. for example, i've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and gave it to him- i think its about being comfortable with your choices and making sure you won't regret things.
i guess you could say in a weird way i'm proud to be a non-virgin because i feel that i made the right choice.
if that makes ANY sense at all let me know hahaha.

maddie01

HSC
I don't think there is anything wrong with being a virgin, it's important to make it a special thing in my opinion. So if your a virgin it's cool. Like I waited til I was certain I was ready and I'm proud of my myself for not giving into any pressures and doing it before I was ready.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
umaycallmealex said:
yeah fair call i suppose
*is dating a Mormon*
Mormon are generally pretty cool. The weird ones are the serpatist polygamists who don't really follow the teachings anyway.

Mormonism is basically about choice. Make the right choice for your mind, body, and your relationship with God. This means moderation with red meat, alcohol and cigarettes, and casual sex, among other things.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
What about organised sex?
=d Oh ha-ha

Sex that isnt with in the parameters of a loving and caring relationship that is healthy and satisfying for you. Its hoped that this relationship is one that will end in or is in the confines of marriage but from memory theres no specific passage that says NO SEX B4 MARRIAGE
Though I couldn't tell you that fer sur. Being Catholic and not Mormon.

HSC
Yeah exactly there's no fucking thing in the bible saying you can't have sex before marriage.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Yeah exactly there's no fucking thing in the bible saying you can't have sex before marriage.
I was refering more so to the Book of Mormon.

HSC
Book of mormon is a racist screed, just putting it out there.

Mormons are weird.

Religion is weird.

Killllll everyone.

panpeter

HSC
There are heaps of places in the bible where it says you shouldnt have sex before marriage, but since many people dont know the meaning of "fornication" they overlook it.

HSC
PROVE IT. go go go. JEsus will give you the power. while you;re at it, please finding the part where it says to kill all the caanites and jebusites and the part with the human sacrifice and infanticide. Also genocide is cool i herd. Also the sexual abuse of the prisoners is cool. Show me that part too. Also the part where women are inferior is cool, show me that too. And the part where blacks are bad. Also homos. show me all of that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)