• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is the best uni for secondary teaching(reputation wise)? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Without Wings
instead of making a new thread, seeing as my questions pretty close to this one i'll post it here i think-
i was thinkin of doin BEducation (primary) or BEducation (human Movement) which universities does everyone think are best for this? :)

For my unbiased opinion, UOW! :p

but if your gonna give that excellent uni a pass then i would recommend ACU, its the most well known tertiary institution for teaching. (most of its undergrad degrees are teaching!)

NOTE: ACU is cool, but UOW is cooler :p

As for the other unis, i have no idea! ie. they dont even come in the equation :D..just/jk

santaslayer

HSC
For teaching, yes, its one of the best unis around.......and im not sure of this but i dont think u need to be catholic or HAVE to teach in a catholic school to actually go to ACU! :)

USYD?.....i guess its still cool, im not in a position to say thou....

cyanide

i do a BA/DipEd combined at macquarie. it's pretty good there, the Australian Centre of Education is at MQ, as well as the Institue of Early Childhood, which i think used to be in wollongong. i plan to teach secondary as well, but i don't think we have a fabulous visual arts department...

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer

USYD?.....i guess its still cool, im not in a position to say thou....
Teaching at USyd is suppose to be really good for Education...or so I have heard.

santaslayer

HSC
No, I don't stay in the lovely campus, which I would love to do. I catch the train from Hurstville to Nrth Wollongong. It takes about an hour. :)

Your always welcome, gimmie a buzz if you wanna 'cooks tour' of the campus :p

cyanide

how long do you wanna stay at uni? and which degree specifically do you want? do you want to do just the BA first, then do a grad DipEd after (total of 4 years) or a combined BA DipEd (4 years), or a BA/BEd, which usually takes 5 years (cept for unsw, which takes the usual 4). there's also a BTeaching, but i heard it's a dodgy degree

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Without Wings
nah coz its in sydney and its all xpensive and snobby or something....i dunno,i kinda got sick of arguing "but it looks like a good uni and i wanna check it out" and gave up
hmm u go to usyd, wottya think?
well those are just stereotypes i guess- its not like that...as wif expensive- all the uni's have around the same fees don't they? :S

santaslayer

HSC
Well apparently today, UOW held an Education Careers fair in the Law Building and being the nosy santaslayer that I am, I pretended to be doing a B Education degree and helped myself to all the freebies!...Apparently UOW is one of the most sought after graduate teachers in Australia!
Not only were The Catholic Education Office there, there was also the Public sector eduaction office (woteva its called) and most importantly, other institutions which value the UOW education degree so much they had to make a trip to Wollongong to recruit members. Other institutions included Education policy making governement funded research thingys and the like...
I was so nosy that I even asked about the prospects of empoyment and how much they value the UOW degree.....Looks like ther're pretty impressed with the UOW degree...:p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
Well apparently today, UOW held an Education Careers fair in the Law Building and being the nosy santaslayer that I am, I pretended to be doing a B Education degree and helped myself to all the freebies!...Apparently UOW is one of the most sought after graduate teachers in Australia!
Not only were The Catholic Education Office there, there was also the Public sector eduaction office (woteva its called) and most importantly, other institutions which value the UOW education degree so much they had to make a trip to Wollongong to recruit members. Other institutions included Education policy making governement funded research thingys and the like...
I was so nosy that I even asked about the prospects of empoyment and how much they value the UOW degree.....Looks like ther're pretty impressed with the UOW degree...:p
HAHAHAHA..... I did the same thing, mostly because I had a lecture in McKinnon and didn't have a pen do I pretended to be a Education student... I walked away with showbags and so many pens it was ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)