what is the definition of perspective from your view (1 Viewer)

Foong

definition: Your "point of view" or "impression" of something which is formed by your own personal history, culture, personality, etc

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I do ESL :), and aiming 95+ :D :D :D
what about you??

ToRnaDo

HSC
hey Survivor..if you are aiming to get 95+ in the ESL HSC..you should help us???? in particular, im the one who start falling down hehehhe..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I'll see what i can do. hehehehe :D
Rule Number ONE: Write few essays and memorise them for the HSC

Foong

As far as I remember last year around 1600 students did ESL
YTou shouldn't remember a few essays, I think you should remember the information and understand it thoroughly. You can write better essays that way

yorkyorkxp

perspective is the way people see things. it is thw way of thinking, an atitude or an interpretation of an object , event or idea. different people have different perspective. this is because different peple have different sets of factors influnecing their perspective. Perspective can be shaped by factors such as personal history, culture, personality.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Foong
As far as I remember last year around 1600 students did ESL
In 2002 there are 2000 candidates doing ESL
In 2003 there are around 2500 doing ESL

Originally posted by Foong

You shouldn't remember a few essays, I think you should remember the information and understand it thoroughly. You can write better essays that way
Yes I agree, BUT there are some students that are really struggling with english expression, and with only the raw information in hand, it is extremely difficult to construct an essay that is fluent, coherent, and with cohesion. Therefore, the only way to obtain a good mark is through memorising essays. It is an alternately in that ultimately you will STILL receive a higher mark then just writing the essay on top of your head.

On the other hand, if you are a fluent writing who can manipulate and articulate the raw information in a context that addresses the question, then you SHOULD be able to compose a relatively insightful text without goingt through memorising essays.

Fply

I absolutely agree with what survivor39 said. More, my English teacher also notices that the only problem and this is the main point that oversea students are facing is the english expression.

shadowRRL

HSC
y is there so many people doing ESL this year?

If survivor's information is correct

william

HSC
Originally posted by yorkyorkxp
perspective is the way people see things. it is thw way of thinking, an atitude or an interpretation of an object , event or idea. different people have different perspective. this is because different peple have different sets of factors influnecing their perspective. Perspective can be shaped by factors such as personal history, culture, personality.
That is from the green covered book!

william

HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
In 2002 there are 2000 candidates doing ESL
In 2003 there are around 2500 doing ESL

Yes I agree, BUT there are some students that are really struggling with english expression, and with only the raw information in hand, it is extremely difficult to construct an essay that is fluent, coherent, and with cohesion. Therefore, the only way to obtain a good mark is through memorising essays. It is an alternately in that ultimately you will STILL receive a higher mark then just writing the essay on top of your head.

On the other hand, if you are a fluent writing who can manipulate and articulate the raw information in a context that addresses the question, then you SHOULD be able to compose a relatively insightful text without goingt through memorising essays.
Sometime you need to change something to relate to the question

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by william
Sometime you need to change something to relate to the question
That was my point
"if you are a fluent writer who can manipulate and articulate the raw information in a context that addresses the question, then you SHOULD be able to compose a relatively insightful text without going through memorising essays. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)