• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is the difference between Year 11 2 Unit Maths and Year 12 2 Unit Maths? (1 Viewer)

jadenmaccas

HSC
Okay, maybe a dumb question, but can someone tell me the difference between these two? I am in Year 10 and I'm doing the Yr 11 2 Unit maths course but I'm having difficulty telling them apart. And also, is the Mathematics Extension 1 Prelim the same as the Year 12 2 unit course?

Sounds like a very stupid question, but I am very interested to know these things. :read:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Okay, maybe a dumb question, but can someone tell me the difference between these two? I am in Year 10 and I'm doing the Yr 11 2 Unit maths course but I'm having difficulty telling them apart. And also, is the Mathematics Extension 1 Prelim the same as the Year 12 2 unit course?

Sounds like a very stupid question, but I am very interested to know these things. :read:
The same difference between Year 7 and Year 8 maths, or Year 8 with Year 9 Maths. It's just 'the next year' of content in the mathematical learning process.

And MX1 Prelim =/= Year 12 2u

airblitz7

HSC
I'd say nothing actually, it's more or less the same course; since prelim 2u is tested in the HSC exams.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
Maths Extension 1 has all the 2 unit stuff but theres more to learn. For example, Trigonomety, 2u does all the year 10 trig plus trig equation and identities. 3 unit has all these plus the "t" formula, sum and difference of angles, 3-d trig, etc.

Riproot

Addiction Psychiatrist
I don’t see how that’s any of your business…
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 and 12 2U maths should be treated as a single course that gets more difficult as you progress but since you've done the other stuff before it doesn't seem as hard.
Mx1 is an extension of this. There is just extra shit added on.
Mx2 in a new course that builds on the knowledge of the other two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)