What is the policy for 4u maths at baulko? (1 Viewer)

hugerthyena

HSC
N/A
How many students are allowed each year, and is there a cut off or do they accept everyone equally in terms of interest?

shashysha

HSC
How many students are allowed each year, and is there a cut off or do they accept everyone equally in terms of interest?
didn't go baulko but I think one of my mates wasn't accepted as he didn't get 95%+ in his 3U prelim... but that seems a bit harsh although it is baulko so wouldnt be surprised

Pikapizza

HSC
If I recall, in my year they ranked everyone from all the Prelim 3U assessments and the top 80 to top 100 get in (so like 4 to 5 classes for 4u depending on cohort strength etc)

Wizjaro

HSC
Hello. So basically the top 96 get in(but in reality they usually let a few extras with potential in)(like maybe 3 over who knows). Also the story of 95% and not getting in doesn't sound realistic since several people with 80's got in this year.

idkkdi

HSC
Hello. So basically the top 96 get in(but in reality they usually let a few extras with potential in)(like maybe 3 over who knows). Also the story of 95% and not getting in doesn't sound realistic since several people with 80's got in this year.
Are your internals easy or smth? Rank 96 getting 80s doesn’t seem right.

Wizjaro

HSC
High 80s and they only compare your 3U mark which is a lot harder to get 90+ than you’d think. Especially considering certain exams weren’t The easiest.

quickoats

HSC
High 80s and they only compare your 3U mark which is a lot harder to get 90+ than you’d think. Especially considering certain exams weren’t The easiest.
I think he means that 80s is quite a high mark for rank 90ish

Wizjaro

HSC
Oh lmao umm well that’s subjective I guess innit? I like to think this years cohort is just good at maths but maybe it’s just the exams are easy idrk...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)