• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what is this like (1 Viewer)

kelbel88

HSC
i've chosen pharmaceuticals as my elective topic in senior science.What does this topic have and what are the outcomes to this topic thanks

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
its a bit like lifestyle chemistry.. well wot i can gather from only doin it for a week! it relates back to yr8 science aswell so it shouldnt be all together too bad! :)
p.s. for outcomes have a peak at the syllabus.. :D

sly_skittle

HSC
I did this option and at first I hated it. But everything you have to learn is interconnected so its really easy to remember. It's also the kind of elective where you can just remember facts and not worry too much about knowing how to explain things in detailed and extended responses.
The main things you need to learn are;
*The central (brain and spinal cord) and peripheral nervous systems (all nerves outside of the CNS)- all you need to know is what they are made of and their roles
*the role of sense organs (nose, mouth e.t.c) and effector organs (muscles and glands- they basically carry out physical responses to messages sent by the brain -while sense organs carry information from outside the body to the brain where it can be interpreted and a response relayed to the effector organs)
*the roles of sensory, motor and interneurones (just memorise)
*reflexes- what they are and how they work
*all about the circulatory system which is in many areas the same as what you do in lifestyle chemistry- our teacher didn't even teach us this section
*learn about pharmaceuticals in the circulatory system- look at what inflammation is and aspirin and how it works (all of this is inter-connected and easy to remember)
*penicillin-learn basics about bacteria and the history/action of penicillin

Thats basically the entire syllabus- I hope I made it look simple because I thought it was and I'm not that good at science-thus I did senior science :p

If you have any more questions just post and I'll try to answer them

..doda..

HSC
N/A
hey im doing this topic at the moment..it would be really helpful if u had any notes or things summerised that could be handy 4 me thankkk youuu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)