• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is uni like? (2 Viewers)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
jemsta said:
its true but
time just flies so quick that by the time youre graduating, youll think that you started uni only yesterday
omg i wanna graduate already!

i cant wait for this semester to be over:bomb:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
krayzie_ said:
Want to help me with my CGE assignment? Its causing me alot of grief. =\

I got the CGE to finish as well as its two page report. Then for the same subject I got to hand up the research assignment as well as another two page report for my disease (DMD). And I got to do an online quiz tomorow.
This Tuesday I got a quiz for Med.Sci1, then CGE shit is due on Thursday, then I got a mid semester exam same Friday
whoa thats one wild week, kinda sounds like my schedule :mad1:
Im going to have 2 tests this week, 2 assigments due in, plus a presentation:(
goodluck btw :cool:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
uni is fairly awesome, i love it ;) ... i like the freedom compared to school, the subjects are waaaaaay more interesting, i have some awesome funny lecturers/tutors and i think you're more motivated to do well because you know that your degree is what is going to get you a job later...not like the hsc where it was more about getting into uni in the first place. plus ive found that people on the whole are v friendly, probably coz we're all more or less in the same boat re: not knowing anyone...and yeah its just totally a different + better vibe than school. eg, no uniform, no bells, you don't even have to go to lectures if you don't wanna (but dont make it a habit lol) good social scene, clubs etc etc.
and i know this is really superficial but uni is so much more aesthetically pleasing than school (well my school anyway). my school was so ugly and outdated...uni is pretty, hawt architecture + lawns etc.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
3rd yr kids steal lunch money from the 1st yr kids alot @ UTS

beware
hahaha i assume youre part of the 3rd year kids that steal money
pfft theyve got nothing against us...well technically im not first year, so im a fence sitter :p

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
jemsta said:
its true but
time just flies so quick that by the time youre graduating, youll think that you started uni only yesterday
Scary shit! This time next year I will have worn the Batman cape and a silly black cap and I will be a real teacher.... and this stupid music assignment will be a distant memory.... ohhh..one can only hope

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha youll be fine
ive still got 3 more years ahead of me, so im going to enjoy it while i can

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
uni is fairly awesome, i love it ;) ... i like the freedom compared to school, the subjects are waaaaaay more interesting, i have some awesome funny lecturers/tutors and i think you're more motivated to do well because you know that your degree is what is going to get you a job later...not like the hsc where it was more about getting into uni in the first place. plus ive found that people on the whole are v friendly, probably coz we're all more or less in the same boat re: not knowing anyone...and yeah its just totally a different + better vibe than school. eg, no uniform, no bells, you don't even have to go to lectures if you don't wanna (but dont make it a habit lol) good social scene, clubs etc etc.
and i know this is really superficial but uni is so much more aesthetically pleasing than school (well my school anyway). my school was so ugly and outdated...uni is pretty, hawt architecture + lawns etc.
you pretty much summed up what uni is like for me too! I love the hawtness of the quad (and I feel special cos I have a couple of classes in there too.) Lecturers are rad and yeah... and oh, I have to break out of my antisocialness :eek:

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
uni = total freedom, which can also be quite a challenge since everything is in your hands and you gotta be motivated. it's quite good cos you have so much scope to do whatever you want. law school is great cos its interesting and some of our tutors/part-time lawyers have interesting personalities. i recoommend joining recreational classes - they're fun - one moment i could be doing a saucy salsa dance class and the next minute i'd be in class discussing murder in a criminal law tutorial! after that i could head down to the uni bar and get a drink before heading to an afternoon lecture. so yea, quite varied, depending on what you want out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)