What is unique about UNSW Medicine? (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
gen eds are irritating to fit in regardless of what subject.
quite a few 2nd years are doing language gen eds, i don't know how... i guess they're juggling classes if there's a timetable clash. U can have a look at how gen eds are timetabled: go to myunsw->student profile->class search (down left hand column)->then search for gen eds only and you can see what times they're on.

a lot of ppl chose gen eds that are in the late afternoon, or in the evening. being a med student kinda restricts the choices u have.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
yosh.
do more med students do gen eds because they are genuinely interested in learning that gen ed subject?
or do they predominantly do it coz they must n they want to get it over and done with?

or wait, better question..
do med ppl choose subjects they want to learn about or subjects they think will be easy on brain and time?

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
The virgin gen ed (ie, the first one) tends to be the 'interesting' one. Then we realise what a chore gen eds are and what a blessing it would be to choose ones that take up minimal time and effort.

It's up to you, really. If it's been your lifelong passion to learn Indonesian, but didn't want to do ARts/Med, then Gen Ed away. But I'm way too lazy to be doing a heavy-work gen ed. *sigh. Haven't even been to med lectures all week... I'm stuffed.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
general education courses - subjects you do outside of your majoring faculty to "broaden your education". They're also compulsory, which isn't problematic, but the impression i get is that they don't always fit well into the timetable.

latania

HSC
Oh okay, thanks for helping me understand!
so is it basically just like taking other subjects from say, the Arts or Science faculty??

Kelvy

HSC
or engineering or law or this or that or something or.....

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
AMC loved it when med schools hav extra-med subjects.. ..
so most schools hav them

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
They also love PBL, which is why the old-school places like Melbourne and UWA have token PBL sessions. Well, I call them "token" because they're the bane of our existence but they do integrate reasonably (if somewhat poorly compatible with the rest of the course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)