what is your 1st car and how much did it cost (1 Viewer)

assassin151

HSC
what is or what was your first car and how much did it cost
any suggestions for a good first car???

please say if manual or auto

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Rusty little 4sp manual 1982 Holden Gemini. With thin, thin tyres.

Less than $1k.

Jiga

My first car which I still have is a 93 Toyota Camry Vienta, automatic, had 133,000 kms on it or so (well supposedly had that many kms, I recon it was wound back), got it for $5000... I think I got it RELATIVELY cheap compared to other Camrys I saw at dealerships because it leaks like anything from its seals, puff of some on start up (valve related) has a coolant leak and looks like its generally been poorly maintained. When I get $2000 to get a rebuild I will, there is still hope! Goes prity hard though, no real loss of performance despite its problems

Last edited by a moderator:

gna

HSC
I bought my 1st car in March, it was a 98 Honda Accord V6-L, bought it for 12k off a family friend.

Then in July i bought a 2001 Honda Integra Type R because i decided driving Auto is for girls.

Sold the Accord about 2 weeks ago..

Legham

HSC
I bought my first car at the start of last month. It's a 1996 Audi A4 auto sedan. I got it for a great price, at $8500. Perfect condition, leather interior, 10-stack CD player, all those safety features.. all that jazz.. The guy chucked in some good roof-racks (which dad says are worth $1000).. We just found it on ebay and contacted the seller.. talked to him over the phone and he agreed on a next-day payment in cash, even though the offer was below the reserve :D (and didnt have to pay ebay fees)

Note, that i'm glad it's an auto :p People often call me an idiot for buying an auto, but then i call them an idiot for wasting their time changing their own gears and shit.. Seems to be pretty even sided, the auto vs. manual debate :p.

Jiga

I bought my first car at the start of last month. It's a 1996 Audi A4 auto sedan. I got it for a great price, at $8500. Perfect condition, leather interior, 10-stack CD player, all those safety features.. all that jazz.. The guy chucked in some good roof-racks (which dad says are worth $1000).. We just found it on ebay and contacted the seller.. talked to him over the phone and he agreed on a next-day payment in cash, even though the offer was below the reserve (and didnt have to pay ebay fees)
Lol still early days, you get an inspection? After my car I would be very suspect of unusually cheap cars. My car for example didnt show any of its problems until a couple of months... I suspect they had the engine bay cleaned and used products to provide a temporary seal for its leaks.

Note, that i'm glad it's an auto People often call me an idiot for buying an auto, but then i call them an idiot for wasting their time changing their own gears and shit.. Seems to be pretty even sided, the auto vs. manual debate
Yeah I think its all a matter of opinion though... personally why bother with Auto in a Camry for example, unless you have a performance car where you want every little kw its pointless and can be a hasle. Like a friend of mine, he cant stand auto and wants to get a manual, but at least in his case hes looking for something alittle performance based so I can understand why he wants it.

gna

HSC
Auto just seems very mundane, though i must it admit sometimes to has its advantages, but overall, people who say changing gears, driving in traffic is a pain, are mostly because they don't drive a manual car, and if you do, it's all in your subconcious, to change gears, shifting in traffic, not a big deal at all, i find it actually keeps me occupied than sit in D4 rolling.

+ Manual looks more cool to the chickibabes jokessss
+ Manual you have more feel and control over the car
+ Sportier feel

+ Auto great for when your stuck on a massive hill in traffic
+ Those lazy days when you can't be fucked

Jiga

+ Manual looks more cool to the chickibabes jokessss
+ Manual you have more feel and control over the car
+ Sportier feel

+ Auto great for when your stuck on a massive hill in traffic
+ Those lazy days when you can't be fucked
Yeah Id say thats a prity good summary... with semi-auto though you get the best of both worlds :uhhuh:. And even autos can have a slightly sporty feel, my camry has an ECT button which gives it an extra grand or so of RPM in each gear... still doesnt compare to a manual though.

moo_moo_molly

Yo mumma
HSC
My first car was... and still is a 1977 toyota crown ... got it from my friend's dad for $150... yes... $150!! It only had 140000kms on it... now has 155000 but I've almost had it for a year and it still runs fine...

The windscreen needs to be resealed and it has a few dings in it but that's about all that's wrong with it... so far...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not I but my boyfriend just bought a red $5000 1988 MR2 (manual, second hand considering they dont make them anymore)

His first car was a company car... a black holden commodore VY (ie for free... automatic)

lengy

HSC
Executive? Berlina? S or SS? I love the VY SS. Nice design.

Legham

HSC
Lol still early days, you get an inspection? After my car I would be very suspect of unusually cheap cars. My car for example didnt show any of its problems until a couple of months... I suspect they had the engine bay cleaned and used products to provide a temporary seal for its leaks.
My dad asked a friend of his who used to be a car salesman to go check it out the day before we bought it, cause the ex-car salesman lived near the guy. :) Then, dads friend said if i didnt wanna buy it he'd definetely be buying it for his son cause it was so good :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
XE Falcon. bought it for 2 grand off my dad. ive ruined the thing now. its not even worth the fuel sitting in it.

Skeeta

HSC
first car was a freebie (was a hand me down from mum)
92 corolla hatch - manual

then that got handed down to my brother and i now have
99 Ford Festiva 3door hatch - manual
Was around $8k with low mileage

pottsy44

HSC
82' 4sp manual corolla wagon which was a hand me down, it was a beast.

first car i bought was at the end of last year a 99' au falcon, bought for 10k and ive spent a futhur 5k on it.

jesswillie

HSC
i got my first car just two weeks ago, 1993 mazda 323 astina, auto for $5000. was in great condition, really looked after by the first owner, love this car so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)