What is your all time favourite book? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

IronMaiden said:
Lord Of The Rings.

Greatest books of all time and no current author could match.

Suck my dick J.k Rowling. Your not creative, how about TRY and write your own language, then fail then kill yourself.

Tolkien, your a god.
I don't see Rowling trying to be Tolkien. Also, where does the need for a totally new language arise in her books?

IronMaiden said:
"Your" instead of "You're" would probably make him cry. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gelo

HSC
my favorite books of all time:

.castle in the air
.of love and other demons
.25th hour
.the alchemist
.neuromancer
.da vinci code
.catcher in the rye

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
"Your" instead of "You're" would probably make him cry. :)
Perrrlease. Tolkien constanly made up new words (might i add, so did shakespeare) and such and did'nt let the english language put boundaries against his work. Why would the english language effect how I write in my posts?

'Connexions' was used in 'The Fellowship' and is just one puny example of how Tolkien wrote as how it sounded in voice. A post is like voice and so I adapted by grammar according.

Grammatical errors and spelling errors dont faze true story tellers and shoul'dnt faze readers.

Anyway, a post is as if in direct speech so I was just writing colloqually and how it sounds in real life.

I dont need an english teacher I already have one.

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
IronMaiden said:
Perrrlease. Tolkien constanly made up new words (might i add, so did shakespeare) and such and did'nt let the english language put boundaries against his work. Why would the english language effect how I write in my posts?

'Connexions' was used in 'The Fellowship' and is just one puny example of how Tolkien wrote as how it sounded in voice. A post is like voice and so I adapted by grammar according.

Grammatical errors and spelling errors dont faze true story tellers and shoul'dnt fade readers.

Anyway, a post is as if in direct speech so I was just writing colloqually and how it sounds in real life.

I dont need an english teacher I already have one.
Oh my. :eek:

(you're severely embarrassing yourself)

HSC
Probably something like the Da Vinci code because it asks for controversy while at the same time educating with general knowledge.

HP & the GOF was another one i enjoyed.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
IronMaiden said:
Lord Of The Rings.

Greatest books of all time and no current author could match.

Suck my dick J.k Rowling. Your not creative, how about TRY and write your own language, then fail then kill yourself.

Tolkien, your a god.
how old are you?

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I'm surprised Watership Down by Richard Adams hasn't been mentioned yet. Blood, adventure, and a swarm of horny rabbits? What more could you want?

On a side note, it's sequel is awful.

Another excellent book is American Gods, by Neil Gaiman, simply because it is so well written and the characters are so damn interesting. You can't help but love the deranged charisma that is Czernobog and the detached insight of Shadow.

shyr

HSC
to kill a mockingbird
by harper lee

HSC
yay watership down!
also, for a very unusual SF story, that's a good story, but very philosophical too try The Child's Garden

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
'A Fortunate Life' by A.B.Facey.

its the most brilliant story of a man who grew up in Australia in the early 1900's. its so amazing, all the things he went through. he never went to school, so he wasn't educated, and you can see it in his writing. but the life he lived is still mind boggling

isoonsui

HSC
Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Emma by Jane Austen...!
She is the one of the greatest writers ever, I'd say.

walrusbear

HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
Probably something like the Da Vinci code because it asks for controversy while at the same time educating with general knowledge.
you're studying 3 units of english??

passion89

HSC
1984 by George Orwell and
To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee

I also really liked Animal farm and Have his carcase (Dorothy L Sayers)

Filadelphia

HSC
in year 9 i read the "Tomorrow when the war began" series for english. they have to be in my favourite list

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
I have got a few that I love dearly, and can't choose between:

John Grisham - The Firm
Bret Easton Ellis - American Psycho
Tolkien - LOTR

qapl

HSC
scifi = otherland by tad williams and enders game.

fantasy = a song of ice and fire, or the other way around can't remember. This series is not for children its more adult/disturbing than troy game by sara douglass.

lady Arre

HSC
clearly the Lord of the Rings...

i loved pride and prejudice by jane austen too. Another great fantasy is The Rdemption of Althalus (david eddings) its a great read. And who could forget the Hitchikers Guide to the galaxy. Zaphod Beeblebrox is a legend!
another good book thats sort of like hitchhikers if you enjoyed that is Expecting Someone taller by tom Holt. Good reads all of them.

These among many others are books that i could just read cover to cover over and over again.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
It's got to be a tie between:
The Red Tree by Shaun Tan
and A Walk to Remember by N.Sparks.

..in my opinion the movie of a walk to remember was only half as good as the book!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)