What is your HSC challenge gunna be? (1 Viewer)

SAOthePickle

HSC
Hey guys :D just interested to learn what other people predict to be their major obstacles for the year ahead and how you plan to overcome or work with these obstacles, or have you overcome an obstacle already? :sun:

My biggest obstacle would be (getting deep now) that I have a fairly slow processing speed, which causes me to think slowly and take longer do things than what it should take (eg. for reading, writing, studying) and has previously been quite a set back to responding to exam questions (although I am developing a strategy which is really helping, so far) and completing assessment tasks to the extent that I want (which is still an issue, but developing).

Please share so Im not the only one :shy:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Great to hear that you've overcome that obstacle

My greatest obstacle will be repeating what I did last year for English where I'd muck up the first assessment task because it's a speech then start getting 16 or 17 / 20 in the remainder of the exams to pull my rank into the band 6 range.

gg no re to my english rank this year

photastic

HSC
Great to hear that you've overcome that obstacle

My greatest obstacle will be repeating what I did last year for English where I'd muck up the first assessment task because it's a speech then start getting 16 or 17 / 20 in the remainder of the exams to pull my rank into the band 6 range.

gg no re to my english rank this year
Thats band 6 though. Got 12.5/20 for mod b. Still got band 6 :)

Smashed Paper 1 though

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Thats band 6 though. Got 12.5/20 for mod b. Still got band 6 :)

Smashed Paper 1 though
Yeah I'm just glad that modules are heavily weighted, they're all 15% and I got a 16 average for all three last year, I'm just hoping I can do the same or maybe even better this year :D

Yeah haha I saw your paper 1 marks on your thread they were godly, then I look at your modules and be like "wot happened here m9?"

photastic

HSC
Yeah I'm just glad that modules are heavily weighted, they're all 15% and I got a 16 average for all three last year, I'm just hoping I can do the same or maybe even better this year :D

Yeah haha I saw your paper 1 marks on your thread they were godly, then I look at your modules and be like "wot happened here m9?"
Never read the prescribed texts so it was hard to write essays. Reason for the disparity of my results is definitely preparation, it is easier to prep for short answers and creative writing compared to essays. So make sure you continue writing for a variety of questions rather than being lazy like myself.

HSC
I think for me:
-moodiness
-too fussy with neatness
-last minute (hopefully over)
solution:
-telling myself off and doing stuff

milkytea99

HSC
1. Consistency
2. Discipline
3. Determination
4. Travelling to school quite faraway
5. Maintaining focus and concentration
6. Maintaining 1st rank for all subjects in a low ranked school

Last edited:
HSC
Hello!!

I'm going to have to break down my response a bit here... One of the things I know about myself is that I'm actually so bad under pressure. And since there's so much competition at my school, expectations from parents, teachers, myself, it's going to be a challenge to juggle all of those and keep calm throughout the year and what not. I also have issues with burning out too soon after trying, so another challenge is sort of sticking it out and reminding myself that this whole HSC thing is a marathon, not a sprint (lols since I'm actually a short-distance runner XD). Since I also suffer from anxiety (great start to year 11) which eventuated into a mild form of depression, going through the emotional ups and downs without doing stupid shit especially during the HSC is gonna be hard too.

Not sure how I'm going to work towards overcoming these obstacles, but I guess when I get to it I'll figure something out XD I also have good senpais who've done the HSC that I can rely on and other friends as a support network, so they should be a really good help. I'm also working on picking up unhelpful thinking patterns (such as awfulising and predicting the future and all that,) and counteracting them. Getting better!! ^^

Good luck for the HSC fellow 2015er :)

SAOthePickle

HSC
Hello!!

I'm going to have to break down my response a bit here... One of the things I know about myself is that I'm actually so bad under pressure. And since there's so much competition at my school, expectations from parents, teachers, myself, it's going to be a challenge to juggle all of those and keep calm throughout the year and what not. I also have issues with burning out too soon after trying, so another challenge is sort of sticking it out and reminding myself that this whole HSC thing is a marathon, not a sprint (lols since I'm actually a short-distance runner XD). Since I also suffer from anxiety (great start to year 11) which eventuated into a mild form of depression, going through the emotional ups and downs without doing stupid shit especially during the HSC is gonna be hard too.

Not sure how I'm going to work towards overcoming these obstacles, but I guess when I get to it I'll figure something out XD I also have good senpais who've done the HSC that I can rely on and other friends as a support network, so they should be a really good help. I'm also working on picking up unhelpful thinking patterns (such as awfulising and predicting the future and all that,) and counteracting them. Getting better!! ^^

Good luck for the HSC fellow 2015er :)
Good luck to you as well :D. Talking to friends and whoever is an awesome way to get through it aye. Hang in there!! :)

photastic

HSC
I thought my biggest challenge was English Advanced. Totally forgot about my other subjects... meh still on the BOS website for 3 subjects so nws to those who are scared of English.

SAOthePickle

HSC
I thought my biggest challenge was English Advanced. Totally forgot about my other subjects... meh still on the BOS website for 3 subjects so nws to those who are scared of English.
Ya I should probably study for English cos I never do :/ I kinda hate it. Need to pull my finger out my ***

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
My biggest obstacle is probably maintaining a consistent study regime for Japanese. I did alright for prelim just through a lot of passive study but I just feel it won't cut it for the HSC

milkytea99

HSC
Juggling 6 subjects + extra curricular + travelling approximately 1 hour to school daily and staying healthy on top of all the stress

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)