What is your main reason for doing maths Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

What is your main reason for doing Ext 2 maths?

• You love it

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • You're good at it

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • For its scaling advantages

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please typ below)

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

jpcg

HSC
what's your main reason for taking up maths ext 2?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My main reason for taking up MX2 is because it is challenging. It is mentally hard and also very interesting.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
We were asked this same question by our teacher when we had the girls school come in for the first time to be taught maths ext2 with us... my responce, I love maths; crowd responce, LoLz0rz!!!!

:D

bwahaha, I actually meant it.

jpcg

HSC
i wish i was like you guys but i just find it an obligation...i love 2 and 3 unit maths and atm im topping my year in them... but i just dread going to 4 unit classes all the time...im thinking of dropping it because my heart is not set in it and im doing pretty well in all my other subjects....*soo confused**

Riviet

HSC
N/A
jpcg said:
i wish i was like you guys but i just find it an obligation...i love 2 and 3 unit maths and atm im topping my year in them... but i just dread going to 4 unit classes all the time...im thinking of dropping it because my heart is not set in it and im doing pretty well in all my other subjects....*soo confused**
You seem to be an all rounder with your subjects. If you're not that interested in 4 unit, it's probably best to drop it, because you need to spend alot of time with 4 unit and if you dread going to classes, then it's going to affect your other subjects severely. :uhoh:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
definitely onli scaling advantages.
salute to the pplz who love it. >D
haha

P

pLuvia

Since you love 2 unit and 3 unit and are doing really well it in, and you really hate 4 unit you should drop it. 4 unit consumes a lot of your homework and study time

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, I'm pretty decent at maths, and moreover cos I suck at other subjects. I like maths. Hopefully a yop 10 ranking in the school which would lead to a top 50 place in the state :p high hopes but I reckon its acheivable.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
She informed me that she will be dropping it for that main reason.

Monstar

HSC
I think the main reason for anyone to do an extension liees mainly in the scaling and the marks.

i know thats why i'm doing extension 1 maths.

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
All 3 reasons plus I need a subject so that my total units can be at least 10.

Stan..

HSC
I like Maths, I like thinking, thus I chose to do Extension 2 Mathematics.

A l

HSC
N/A
From my current experience, Mathematics Extension 2 is mostly an extension of Mathematics Extension 1. The only topic that has the majority of the content unique to the Mathematics Extension 2 course appears to be Complex Numbers. Graphs are an extension of curve sketching, Conics are an extension of parametric representations, Integration builds on Extension 1 calculus and integration, Volumes build on Extension 1 volumes and integrals, Mechanics are an extension of applications of calculus to the physical world, Polynomials are an extension of Extension 1 polynomials and Harder Extension 1 topics speaks for itself.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
- I find it quite interesting in some aspects
- I can handle it well (being good at it or not is a subjective matter)
- Definitely helps with great scaling
- I might need it to help for a particular university course [Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) in University of Sydney requires it]

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
A l said:
From my current experience, Mathematics Extension 2 is mostly an extension of Mathematics Extension 1. The only topic that has the majority of the content unique to the Mathematics Extension 2 course appears to be Complex Numbers. Graphs are an extension of curve sketching, Conics are an extension of parametric representations, Integration builds on Extension 1 calculus and integration, Volumes build on Extension 1 volumes and integrals, Mechanics are an extension of applications of calculus to the physical world, Polynomials are an extension of Extension 1 polynomials and Harder Extension 1 topics speaks for itself.
That's the definition i was looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)