What is your main reason for doing maths Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

What is your main reason for doing Ext 2 maths?

• You love it

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • You're good at it

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • For its scaling advantages

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please typ below)

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
thewhitecomet said:
because I can...also, my school has the highest number of Ext 2 maths students in the state.
Sydney B High?
I wouldve thought James Ruse or Grammer would have more. How many do mx2?

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I chose mx2 because i wanted to drop ext 1 english since i was doing badly in it and i wanted to drop ipt sicnce i hated it and came last in my class for the year 11 yearly test. So i picked mx2 to make up the 10 units.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
There are three more options you couldve added to the poll.
1. I dropped subjects and i need more units.
2. I'm thinking of doing aeronautical engineering or acturial studies and need it.
3. My mum made me. (ROFL)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
I'm thinking of doing aeronautical engineering...and need it.
Bad option. You don't really need ext 2 maths for aeronautical engineering, or that it is more vital for it as opposed to other streams.

As for why I did ext 2 maths, I guess all of it applies a bit, with enjoying the subject and being good at it. In the end, the offer of a subject that you can do no work for, get a good mark and scales well is too much to pass on.

Raginsheep

HSC
pLuvia said:
That's a good thing, he shows where to use it in the 2u parts, which is pointless in a way since we don't do the 2u hsc test :)
Yes but extensions of 2u can be tested in 3u. Besides, it's always good to know how to approach a problem from a number of angles.

and yes, I did 4u because I'm asian and my mum made me do it...

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Templar said:
Bad option. You don't really need ext 2 maths for aeronautical engineering, or that it is more vital for it as opposed to other streams.
As for why I did ext 2 maths, I guess all of it applies a bit, with enjoying the subject and being good at it. In the end, the offer of a subject that you can do no work for, get a good mark and scales well is too much to pass on.
Do you? I thought it was assumed knowledge or a prerequisite. One of them.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Ext2=sweeet
I got the same teacher for ext 2 and ext 1 and he is the best.
Yeah I have to do the 2U tests but I like doing them as I have got 1st in everyone so far (prelim and the 1st one) and dont plan on yielding now.
That and Ext2 should help with my ext 1. Even though I getting 1st in that too lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)