"What is your worst quality?" (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Or similarly worded interview questions. Is there a right answer?

HSC
N/A
I saw that somewhere.

If I was asked that I'd say perfectionism. It's true for me. Also, it's constructive. They'd like that, if you balance it out with something about not wasting time and "managing" your flaw.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think 'I work too hard' or whatever is a bad response. I think you should say 'Well I've had alot of trouble with X in the past, however I've found that doing Y has really helped me to overcome that".

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Don't say perfectionism or you work too hard because they think it's stupid.

Also when you do say 'Well I've had alot of trouble with X in the past, however I've found that doing Y has really helped me to overcome that" (which is pretty much the right answer) you have to be careful that X isn't something too close to one of the buzzwords that HR people think in,

eg. "communication skills" or "teamwork" or whatever, so if you say anything that can be even remotely interpreted as one of those buzzwords they love, they'll just write "poor <buzzword> skills" even if what you said isn't quite that at all.

*Minka*

HSC
I usually just go with the good old 'I muck up my English sometimes and it sounds really silly'. Usually they think it is cute when paired with a Croatian Accent and giggle. Works everytime.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i usually say something like "sometimes i work too hard ...." yadda yadda yadda.

reframe the question guys, don't say something stupid and put yourself down.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I look at my reflection whenever I walk past a mirror or a pane of glass.
I'm a womaniser.
I ejaculate everytime I sneeze.

That, or you could be honest, perhaps?

Graham Trevor

HSC
"My worst quality? Well, as a child, my father would beat me while telling me I was useless, utterly useless. . . And now, especially in regards to employment, I'm completely relentless in trying to please -- I suppose, deep down, in an attempt to please my father. . ."

Could you really bring yourself to work for a person who would ask you this question?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Lol, cruel. Though I suppose if you answered with that, they'd have to give you the job out of pity.

volition

arr.
HSC
They sometimes do ask it on application forms. Anyway, my personal feeling on this is that they won't hate you too much for it (they ask everyone the same questions right?) I think you need to have something that you can 'fix' though, because they might ask you what you've done to fix it.

It's pretty dumb though, because sometimes there isn't really much you can do to fix your flaws.

BlackDragon

HSC
they'll never ask it in an interview though. it is such a stupid question. i mean what are people going to say? "umm, i think my biggest weakest would be my laziness, my insolence my excessive drinking and my womanising. yep. oh yeah, i'm also very impatient".
its far more beneficial to ask what they feel they can bring to the organisation. which is a far more common question.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I was asked this just a few weeks ago. I wasn't prepared so I did the cliche "perfectionist" crap. Hehe.

Skeeta

HSC
my boss asked me if my bedroom was clean or messy in my interview... :confused:

i was like its very.. mm.. CLEAN!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
For part time jobs whilst at uni/school, I don't think it really matters but obviously for grad jobs and the like, everything has to be taken waaaay more seriously.

I hate the job hunting process so I'm dreading finding a grad job and having to answer this question properly :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)