... what kind of music do you listen to while studying? (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
sar said:
I listen to slowish stuff like a chill out CD or something, or just the radio.
Me too! :uhhuh: Also, like meditation music; with nature noises helps; I find! :)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
last_chance said:
i cant listen to music when im studying.
Hmm...sometimes I can't either; I think it depends on what subject I'm doing and what mood I'm in! :uhhuh:

get_born

PiNkPiXiE said:
Hmm...sometimes I can't either; I think it depends on what subject I'm doing and what mood I'm in! :uhhuh:
true dat. I need music when im doing my art or something practical - but when it comes to sitting down and focusing on a particular subject such as maths i cant have any noise around me - infact i get rid of anything in my room, switch off mobile phones, laptop is packed up and so on - i think if i dont do that i easily become distracted.

nwatts

HSC
I usually make my own study/chill CDs, featuring the likes of Air, Zero 7, Groove Armada, Massive Attack and Sigur Ros. Or i'll just listen to a whole CD, the best are usually Air's Talkie Walkie, Zero 7's When it Falls and Jeff Buckley's Grace.

If i'm doing something more 'intense' (like some crazy-ass essay or something more analytical) i'll whack on a film soundtrack. I have the scores from Amelie, Angels in America, Donnie Darko, Return of the King and American Beauty.

If it's 4-am and I need to finish some crazy assessment by 8, i'll usually be something more like Aphex Twin or Daft Punk, or Groove Armada (their dancey stuff).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
if it's maths or something where i have to use logic/think hard/concentrate carefully etc, then NO music - it screws with my concentration terribly for those types of tasks. but if it's something like an essay, memorising something, brainstorming ideas or any creative work, i actually work better with music - something mellow like the chilli peppers or classical music.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Classical piano music turns me on.

And by "turn me on" I mean "does not distract me while I'm studying".

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Pretty much anything along my usual line of listening.
So that's most Jazz, and Queen, Reel Big Fish, The Beatles, ABBA, Eva Cassidy, Anthony Warlow, the soundtracks for Wicked, The Secret Garden and Cats.
And anything from my relatively large collection of Mozart.

Aimz- Lou.

At the moment, the soundtrack from "The Man from Snowy River" my music teacher made me listen to it, and it's really pretty!

carpediem

HSC
I listen to metal at times but i just feel that i'm working more efficiently without music

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
:p

I'll look it up :)
You've probably heard it before, it's a more "popular"ish piece. :p

Popular = catchy. *Cough*Schubert'sImpromptuInAFlat*cough*

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey
I would say

Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Bob Dylan

All are relaxing, Jeff Buckley too, but Jack is the best for studying - very relaxing, calming etc

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
You've probably heard it before, it's a more "popular"ish piece. :p

Popular = catchy. *Cough*Schubert'sImpromptuInAFlat*cough*

Hehe, yeah i have heard it.. dad played it to me alot when i was young. Ahh.. memories.

James87 said:
All are relaxing, Jeff Buckley too, but Jack is the best for studying - very relaxing, calming etc
True, sometimes Jeff gets me emotionally worked up lol. Sometimes i just forget music is even playing when jack is on :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)