What kinda marks? (1 Viewer)

TooF

Hey, was just wondering how people go in their assessments and exams?
I got 57% for my half yearlies and I don't know whether to drop or continue. I can't compare myself to my year coz there's only one other person doing 4 unit.
So yeah, tell me how you guys go :)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by ^Fruit^
I got 57% for my half yearlies and I don't know whether to drop or continue. I can't compare myself to my year coz there's only one other person doing 4 unit.
well for my first assessment task i got 22/30 but as for my half yearlies.. they havent been marked it. im expecting a mark of around 60%. Are you beating the other person doing 4unit?

It'd be best if you posted up the test paper so we can tell how hard it is - I mean, for some papers 57% would be an OK mark, but for some it would be quite bad.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I got 60 something %, and my teacher says thats heaps good

TooF

Originally posted by Heinz
Are you beating the other person doing 4unit?
Yeah, I'm beating the other person. Well, in our first assessment there was a pretty big difference but we're about on the same level in this half yearly paper.
I'll see if I can post up the paper :)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i got 59% in my half yearly . i only have another person in my class too, she got 50% and like you i dont know whether that is good or not. i thought the test was pretty average, i had no real troubles with it. 3 unit on the other hand was very bad i got 59% again (at least im consistent) and the other person got 66% .... i have to spend more time on maths i think

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!!
umm... how hard are your math tests???

the last time we had a 4u test everyone scored 100%... LOL.
ROFL.. wtf?.. just to say my half yearlies were shit.. tried for my trials got better and in HSC it was mid-90s.. so dun worri.. unless u hate it and its ruining ure life then drop it

if its only 2 ppl.. chances are that u at least came 2nd..:) dun take it too badly.. use it as a learning experience.. its only 1 test..

p.s if mid-90s is too low for u then.. Im soooo sorrri *homers sarcastic tone*

Affinity

HSC
59 isn't bad... majority of my class last year got something around 40..

R

randhi

i was in situation like yours, i got 55% in my half yearly and it wasn't that great well i thought it was until i realised that the school average is 61%. anyways my teacher told me that according to the school i get pushed up by 30% so i basically get 85%, but if i had about 65% then i get 95% which is just excellent. so i think you might want to ask your teachers about the scaling because it varies according to schools.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
cant exactly say how much it is "pushed up"

also remember the difficulty of tests varies in diff schools

yes ur raw wud definately be lower than ur end scaled ones... but u cant say "gettin 50 in this will give me 80 in the end" coz it really depends on how u and how ur school performs in hsc as well...

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
I just got my half yearlies back today. 55% (which was 3rd out of 7) and theres no way im dropping ext 2 maths. It may seem bad but its actually really good considering I know the calibre of the other students in my grade. Pretty much everyone received an E4 last year in 3unit maths so yeah... this 4unit test mustve been hard if not many people passed.

nike33

heinz can you post ur test or something :p...just want to see the relative difference of difficulty as my test wasnt very hard :( ie 95%+

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by nike33
heinz can you post ur test or something :p...just want to see the relative difference of difficulty as my test wasnt very hard :( ie 95%+
I dont have a scanner

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
I got 57% for my half yearlies and I don't know whether to drop or continue.
OMG, you got 57% andyou're ready to drop?!
we have 14 people in our class and our average was about 40%
and i got 22% :(
haha, at least i'm not coming last
woohoo!
i'm not quitting, so i don't think you should either!
it ranks really well in your overall UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)