What language are you studying? (1 Viewer)

AvaPerez

HSC
I have studied Chenese for 3 years. French I also study. And 1 month ago I began study Swedish. For it I downloaded tool to practice it. For Chinese I have a tutor and French I study myself. Also I want to learn japanese and German.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I have studied Chenese for 3 years. French I also study. And 1 month ago I began study Swedish. For it I downloaded tool to practice it. For Chinese I have a tutor and French I study myself. Also I want to learn japanese and German.
Perhaps consider studying english as well ahaahah
(kidding)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Serious question but what's the point of learning a language? Even though it makes you more employable and such I don't see the point of learning a language, especially japanese and how everyone wants to learn it but I don't know how it's going to be useful other than that it makes you more employable in the workforce. A majority of your colleagues would be speaking english

Shuuya

HSC
Serious question but what's the point of learning a language? Even though it makes you more employable and such I don't see the point of learning a language, especially japanese and how everyone wants to learn it but I don't know how it's going to be useful other than that it makes you more employable in the workforce. A majority of your colleagues would be speaking english
Cries, I'm doing Japanese Extension

Learning a language allows you to explore the culture of different nations, as well as traditions and customs that may be very different to your own (especially extension courses.) Its not all about literally learning to read/speak/write. Studying a subject isn't necessarily for the sake of a career; I've found that studying a language has provided me with many opportunities to connect with other people, and I have found it to be a very rewarding experience. Immersing yourself in another culture allows you to gain new understandings, and more than anything else, it's lots of fun :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Learning a language allows you to explore the culture of different nations, as well as traditions and customs that may be very different to your own (especially extension courses.) Its not all about literally learning to read/speak/write. Studying a subject isn't necessarily for the sake of a career; I've found that studying a language has provided me with many opportunities to connect with other people, and I have found it to be a very rewarding experience. Immersing yourself in another culture allows you to gain new understandings, and more than anything else, it's lots of fun :)
Fair enough. When I meant especially Japanese I meant how Japanese is one of those overrated languages people (especially Asians like Chinese, Viets etc, no racism or stereotyping intended there)

Also I don't know if I would want to learn Japanese or not given that it takes so much time and I don't have the time to do that (I would love to but I don't see how it's useful for me coz I don't think I'm going to use it much other than learn more about the Japanese Culture and increase the chances of being employed)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I'm studying japanese because i kinda like studying japanese? When i first started i didn't really think about career prospects or whatever. It's like asking why people pick up instruments and spend hundreds of hours into it over the years (cough me). Musical instruments have no real usefulness that makes you anymore employable. People do it because they like it, simple as that.

^
What shuuya said basically

Also having extra knowledge ie ECs, languages etc makes your resume look more polished in a sense. So does kinda help with employability, but maybe more indirectly

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

MONONYMOUS

HSC
Hey,

I'm doing Croatian Continuers for the HSC next year. For each of the last 2 years there were only 8 students in the whole state doing the Croatian Continuers for the HSC, and I'm pretty sure my class is the only one in the state for the subject.

I was just wondering how the scaling will work?

Akuri

HSC
N/A
新しい言語を学んで得られるものは、金銭的な利益だけではない。

それを勉強する過程はそれだけで実りあるもので、自分自身や世界についてもっと学び、新しいアイデアに自分自身を導いてくれるので、知性や記憶力を向上させることができる。

より多くの人とコミュニケーションを取り、より多くのメディアを見ることができる。

非常に多くの人々が、あなたの考え方によって英語学習を強いられている。

あ、ちょっと待って。。 これは読めません。。

You’re working off of an english speaking base here. Please consider what you’re saying with, “we only need english”.

cyniczny

HSC
i'm doing french continuers at school and polish continuers at saturday school - planning on doing french extension too. i also did japanese continuers at the start of the year but dropped it as i found it too hard to keep up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)