• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what languages does your school have? (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
we only had spanish. you had to do it in year 8, then it was elective in years 9-12. i did it all the way through and for the HSC. :)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
well... we have japanese cont... not beginners because theres only one teacher at the moment... ok, heres the story: theres only one high school in town that goes up to yr 12. there are two others that stop at year ten. one of those schools (the catholic one) teaches japanese in yrs 9 and 10. we (meaning the public school (secondary college), the one that goes up to yr 12, and the one that ive been going to since yr 8... the good one!!) only offer it in yrs 7 - 8. so they offer it as a continuers course to the people who migrate at the start of yr 11 from their school to ours, instead of offering it (a.) as an elective for us in yrs 9 and 10 or (b.) as a beginners course. i think its slightly unfair... catering for the outsiders!! ugh. oh well. ok, to tell the truth, they offered it to us as a beginners course last year, because there was another teacher, and a few people took it (i personally am not interested in japanese... would love to do indonesian or italian though), BUT, that particular teacher left before the end of the year (how slack!!). so, everyone who was doing it dropped it as soon as they could (except for one, who is now doing it through distance ed). so... yeah. did you get all that?

lala2

Banned
HSC
French, German, Japanese, Classical Greek and Latin, all Continuers and Extension courses only, and an Italian Beginners course.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
kini mini said:
French Continuers & Extension (everyone does French in year 7 so no demand for beginners')

German Continuers & Extension (I forget if beginners' F is offered, probably would be on request)

Italian Continuers & Extension

Latin Continuers & Extension

Ancient Greek Continuers & Extension

Japanese (beginners')

Chinese Continuers (don't know if extension or beginners' were offered, don't think there was a demand)

Sanskrit (but not for the HSC)
i can tell ur a grammar boy :)

7minute

HSC
French, German, Japanese, Latin (all continuers and extension)
I think they've introduced Spanish with the IB this year, but I'm not sure.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
i never bother looking at profiles :)
graduated a while ago too, ey?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
we have japanese and french. thats it. not many people choose them either - there's like 4 ppl in each class. though jap is compulsory in yr 7

monique66

english (don't look so surprised), spanish, german cont, italian cont, but a lot of ppl to jap, korean, chinese open high with like a few doing greek and indonesian o/h i think...

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
my school has fench, german and japanese..beginers and continuers...but i strick to english heheh, tahts hard enough

Peartie

HSC
At my school you HAVE to do 1 term of French German Latin and Japanese in year 7, follow on with one of these in year 8 then in 9 and 10 German, French, Latin and Japanese are offered as electives year 11 same ones (continuers) and then in year 12 same ones (continuers and extension- im doing 3U German- GO ME)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
s2ophie said:
I wanna know what languages people have at their school. And do all schools have both beginners and continuers?
Ciao!:)
My school -> De La Salle Cronulla has English (of course), umm...Italian, French and Indonesian, and one of the brothers is mentoring my friend with Latin!

It depends who applies to the subject as to whether we have beginners or continuers; but there is NO ext in languages other than English! :)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
IGS (international grammar school) has Italian, French, German, Japanese... one is compulsory to year 11, then you can drop it or keep going. I think in year 7 you can do Spanish beginners, or through open high. You can do 2 languages if you want... that's all i know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)