What majors do I do with Psychological Science? (1 Viewer)

blurp

HSC
I'v picked marketing cuz I'm into business, if your gna transfer might as well pick an easy one to ace.
Its really weird cuz i put in PSYC1011 which is one of the stage 1 courses in the search thing for enrolment and 'no results' comes up...

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A

dotslikeme

HSC
I'm a second year B.Psych students at UNSW and..

I'm so confused... none of the majors seem to relate to Psychology. I'm planning to transfer to Bachelor of Psychology next year if possible.. anyways my majors are:

Complementary majors available in this program:
have you researched on psychology? because all of the complementary majors in b. psych science are all related and complement well with psychology.

dotslikeme

HSC
I'v picked marketing cuz I'm into business, if your gna transfer might as well pick an easy one to ace.
Its really weird cuz i put in PSYC1011 which is one of the stage 1 courses in the search thing for enrolment and 'no results' comes up...
uhh, PSYC1011 is only available in semester two so you've to take PSYC1001 in semester 1 first :D

ag12

HSC
N/A
You do Psyc1A (PSYC1001) in Session 1, Psyc1B (PSYC1011) in session 2. That starts of the Psych 'major' bit (not really a major - it's the core of the degree program). That's 2 courses of the 8 you do in first year (4 in each semester). The other 6 courses are up to you. You can choose (but don't have to) to select these to start one of the complementary majors you have listed (although I think HPS is on its way out). But you don't have to do another major, so the other 6 courses can be pretty much anything you like. The rest of PsychSci involves 5 Psych subjects in second year and a minimum of 5 (but up to 8) in third year. Hence in each of year 2 and year 3 there are up to 3 courses free - again - complementary major or whatever you like.
Check out: http://www.psy.unsw.edu.au/students/current/files/BPsychScience.pdf

blurp

HSC
You do Psyc1A (PSYC1001) in Session 1, Psyc1B (PSYC1011) in session 2. That starts of the Psych 'major' bit (not really a major - it's the core of the degree program). That's 2 courses of the 8 you do in first year (4 in each semester). The other 6 courses are up to you. You can choose (but don't have to) to select these to start one of the complementary majors you have listed (although I think HPS is on its way out). But you don't have to do another major, so the other 6 courses can be pretty much anything you like. The rest of PsychSci involves 5 Psych subjects in second year and a minimum of 5 (but up to 8) in third year. Hence in each of year 2 and year 3 there are up to 3 courses free - again - complementary major or whatever you like.
Check out: http://www.psy.unsw.edu.au/students/current/files/BPsychScience.pdf
Oh ok, is it still okay if I do 2 complementary majors? cuz i need to enrol 4 courses

dotslikeme

HSC
I don't think you can major in two complementary majors because the no. of free electives won't be enough.
Since you're going to do marketing as your complementary major, you should take psyc1001, mark1012 and two free electives this semester.

Your free electives can also be used to do your general education :D

blurp

HSC
I don't think you can major in two complementary majors because the no. of free electives won't be enough.
Since you're going to do marketing as your complementary major, you should take psyc1001, mark1012 and two free electives this semester.

Your free electives can also be used to do your general education :D
thanks for the reply. but say if i majored in vision science (BABS1201) but also enrolled in marketing as a gen ed subject? because i checked the general ed courses list and marketing mark1012 is in there. Could i possibly do this?
thanks for ur help btw

dotslikeme

HSC
yeah, you can do that. but do you want to major in vision science or marketing?
because if you major in marketing, I think there will still be two free electives for you to do other courses.

According to the handbook, for psychological science you will have 72UOC free electives (12 subjects) and you have to do two GEN ed so that leave it with 10 but majoring in marketing only requires 8 courses.. (http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2012/MARKA13435.html)

so you will still have two free electives and you can use one of them for babs1201 :)

blurp

HSC
i think i might major in marketing then, so if i do that i will have psychology 1A, marketing major, then i can i also enrol in babs1201 and a general ed subject? thankyyou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)