what makes james ruse better than other schools?? (1 Viewer)

azndreamer

HSC
ugh...11 pages...read the first 5 and the last

i goto ruse, yr11 this year, but i say i goto granville boys if anyone on the street asks me.

most of the bad stuff thats said bout ruse people, yeah, they're true for about a quarter of the school. that half being half the guys. there are a lot of guys that are pretty cool and normal in yrs 10 and upwards, right, but christ i swear to god yr7 are getting smaller evry year. more...weanerish, as well. my friend whos a peer support leader, she told me that when it came to describing themselves, 7 out of the 10 yr7s said they like playing computer games. just that. thats INCLUDING the girls. and it isnt just the jnr years. there are a couple dozen guys in the snr yrs that are complete social write-offs. and i swear there is something wrong with most of the people who go there. its just so.........freakin good. everyones just so...nice. its.........weird...and don't get me started about the exec. we've got to wear FULL school uniform, everything neat and tidy, otherwise it's a mon arvo spent picking up trash and shovelling manure. it was 40 degrees today, so i loosened my tie and untucked my shirt right...BAM...i run into the deputy and i waste a monday arv...

but enough bitchin...

but i think a large part of ruse's success is cultural. in yr11, there are less than 20 people that arnt asian. thats 20 out of 150-something. the percentage is even smaller in the jnr grades. asian parents will push their kids harder and protect them more. ask anyone in ruse and they'll agree. in their eyes, academics means uni degrees, which means cushy professional jobs, social abilities and physical fitness be damned.
i mean, it's not the main reason, but it's a pretty major factor

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL in Baulko i found it ironic that the few Aussie people, had some really smart ones (and some not so smart ones)... but i think across all selective highs, we see the younger grades as becoming nerdier and nerdier... and shorter too.

intangible

HSC
azndreamer said:
ugh...11 pages...read the first 5 and the last

. in their eyes, academics means uni degrees, which means cushy professional jobs, social abilities and physical fitness be damned.
Which mean many ruse ppl have no lives and no social skills but i think the majority would. Just the social outcasts that do nothing but study.

milton

HSC
want2beSMART said:
but dont you guys just want to burn down their farm ^^ save the animals first of course
actually our canteen got burnt down in teh holidays some years ago but the arsonists weren't very smart since we were planning to demolish it and build a new one anyway

natsuki

HSC
YBK said:
we have the author of the cambridge 4 unit maths text book; she teaches us 3 unit maths and next yr will teach us 4 unit. She's written a few other math books too.

we get quite hard maths tests.
omg you're so lucky!! btw do you know where i can get the cambridge 4u solutions?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
natsuki said:
omg you're so lucky!! btw do you know where i can get the cambridge 4u solutions?
Alot of people have said you can get the solutions of the net, but i havent found them. If anyone knows how or where i can get fully worked solutions to 3u, yr11 cambridge plz tell me.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
milton said:
actually our canteen got burnt down in teh holidays some years ago but the arsonists weren't very smart since we were planning to demolish it and build a new one anyway
HAHA!

having looked at that subject selection... um..
"wow"?:eek:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
ellen.louise said:
Answer: everything

+ the fact that they pretty much turn out the most 100 UAI'ers every year.
Approx 22 ppl get 100UAI, i don't think Ruse gets even half that figure.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah fluctuates between 5 and 7
considering that there are hundreds of schools in the state, then it doesnt surprise me that james ruse have more students that got a UAI of 100.
i guess they have high sexpectations

Wu Hou

HSC
magpam said:
wasn't there a thread about this

isn't it only 5
yeah but the rest... They're going to be spread out amongst a whole lot of other schools. That's not to say James Ruse is the best. But they sit much harder assessment tasks and produce much better results than a lot of other selective schools.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Saw their 3U maths exam trials.
Wasn't too bad I guess , but definitely harder than the paper at my school.
Actually, t`was a LOT harder.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
^Yeah i've been told to hunt down ss.

Don't have the heart to :(

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Meh, they were already smart when they got in, the teachers really didn't have to do much.

-P_D

K.

HSC
I'm a chronic eavesdropper on public transport, James Ruse students never fail to impress me. I heard two young boys discussing Kierkegaard once, they made flutter with jailbait love.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)