What makes your work a good or bad place to be? (1 Viewer)

HSC
koube0530 said:
Where do you work?
A private law practice.

What's your work place like?
Shitty. Bitchy. People are so fake and always talking behind people's backs.
hahaha my mate did work experience at a law firm and all the lawyers there did was bitch about how they do so much work for so little reward and how they should have never been a lawyer in the first place and stuff like that.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Where do you work? Australian Electoral Commission - I receive and process people's enrolments for the upcoming election.

What's your work place like? Stereotypical Office. Quiet. Nice people, just really traditional about work ethics and technology (ie they feel that if you are talking, you mustn't be working).

What kind of people do you work with? People my age, or fairly old people. There are a few in between but they relate to us (the uni students) far better than their older workmates.

What are the dynamics like at your work place? Relaxed because what we do is really repetitive, but they seem to move people around who talk too much, kinda like high school all over again. There is a high turnover rate, and people often seem to get frustrated about formalities (such as acting in a position, but when applying the same position, they don't get the job) or the various department transfers. They seem to change their system a lot, so the rule of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be absent in people's minds. There's also a heirachal complex that people have.

Why do you like it or dislike? Note above for dislikes. Plus the work is very inconsistent. The likes are that when the workload is heavy, my workmates can chill in a room and just sit there all day chatting and opening letters. The pay is decent for casual office work, and the actual work isn't taxing at all. In fact it's pretty mindless.

It's also very interesting when it comes to our society; you're constantly learning about it. For instance, you actually feel the quantity of people who hide their details because of domestic violence, or the quantity of people falling into dementia, as well as interesting moments such as today when I stumbled upon an enrolment form covered in blood.

Last edited:

kkkkaitlyn

HSC
Where do you work? civic video

What's your work place like? small can be quiet at times

What kind of people do you work with? everyone is young basically 17-21 apart from the owner

What are the dynamics like at your work place? everyone basically gets along apart from 2 people but the manager is only a year older than me (18) makes it kinda weird her bossing me around.

Why do you like it or dislike? the manager can be a stingy dickhead at times. and customers complain about late fees often as if its our fault they hav x amount of late fees. apart from that it is an alrite job.

James747

HSC
Where do you work?
Use to work at subway domestic
What's your work place like?
Busy, repetitive
What kind of people do you work with?
Indians
What are the dynamics like at your work place?
Making sandwiches?
Why do you like it or dislike?
Bad boss, bad supervisor, shxt pay

rozymisty

HSC
Where do you work? a high care nursing home

What's your work place like? 60 bed home, most of the time spent changing pads, showering and feeding residents

What kind of people do you work with? mixture of people. Most are assistand nurses, though most of them arent a nursing student...some are though...very multicultrual place

What are the dynamics like at your work place? Very multicultural staff, same routine everyday

Why do you like it or dislike? The fact that you are kept busy, i like, but i dnt like the fact that the work is very backbreaking at time, esp when their mobility is shithouse. Good though when there are 2 of you working on teh same person, sure takes longer in the end, but it saves your back, and in some ways its quicker.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Where do you work? Bunnings :mad1:

What's your work place like? It's bunnings, so full of bitchy, stupid & impatient customers who expect to be spoon fed the minute they walk in. Good thing is the pay - better when compared to coles, woolies etc.

What kind of people do you work with? Funny people...although some have anger management issues

What are the dynamics like at your work place? There's a lot of emphasis on Team work - we can't say staff member, we have to say team member. The only thing is no one actually works as a team. People do their own thing...some do shit all day, cause they suck up to the manager and get away with it, whilst others do nothing but work.

Why do you like it or dislike? I dislike it because it's bunnings. It's just bunnings...there's not much to like about it. It's just bunnings *sigh*

Last edited:

S M i L E

HSC
Where do you work?
Subway Innisfail (QLD)

What is it like?
Very fast paced. We are a busy store, but keep everything well organised.

What kind of people work there?
We have a small number of staff. Three 15 year olds, three 18 yr olds, two 20 yr olds, four 30 yr olds (including my two franchisees)

What are the dynamics like?
We are very close. We have all bonded and we are all great friends. We all have our off days, but the other staff support us. I know that these people will be there through anything for me.

Why do you like or dislike it?
I find the work itself boring and repetitive, but we make it fun. We rotate all the boring jobs so no one is stuck with them day in, day out. We laugh and joke, but still make customers feel important. One of the best places I have worked =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)