What mark are you expecting in 4 unit? (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: What mark are you expecting in 4 unit?

444 means die die die, sorta (in chinese)
self acceleration could be beneficial. i guess it would help in some way or another

edit: i read how u think self acceleration will help u get 99 and i disagree.
i agree
self accel can only get you so far
you should realise that so many other people can do this too

shaon0

HSC

he could have self-accelerated yes
i went to ruse too, and i sort of pre-learnt 4u in yr 11 (outside)
don't think it would've made much difference if he had or hadn't learnt 4unit before yr 12 or during yr 12.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Trying not to sound too arrogant, but some of my peers were tutored in Ext2 in Year 11 and relearnt it Year 12 and they didn't do crash hot in it in the end. I never touched Ext2 until the end of Year 11 and still did better than them...the point is, self acceleration isn't the key to succeeding, particularly if you're just learning the same thing again at a later date (as with anyone else) and are not actively seeking to expand your skills but rather undergoing learning by repetition.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

444 means die die die, sorta (in chinese)
self acceleration could be beneficial. i guess it would help in some way or another

edit: i read how u think self acceleration will help u get 99 and i disagree.
Would you disagree if you knew that there were kids in my school who sit the HSC without even finishing their course?

dp624

HSC

Would you disagree if you knew that there were kids in my school who sit the HSC without even finishing their course?
I agree with tim.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

I agree with tim.
You misinterpreted my post. My school lacks organization skills. Usually, in Year 10 the maths teachers focus on studying for the School Certificate and that is really different from the 5.3 pathway. So basically, most kids who are doing 3 unit in Year 11 don't even have the basics for 2 unit, such as functions and logs. Usually, by the time that the they get to the HSC they don't even manage to complete the entire Stage 6 course so they sit the HSC without even covering everything. If you don't self accelerate then you'll be screwed up bad in the HSC.

MC Squidge

BOS' Apex Predator
HSC

what chapters dont they complete specifically

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

what chapters dont they complete specifically
I think it's usually the concepts that are the hardest. The applications of calculus to the physical world, the binomial theorem, harder 2/3 unit topics. I'm just guessing. I won't really know until next year.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

You misinterpreted my post. My school lacks organization skills. Usually, in Year 10 the maths teachers focus on studying for the School Certificate and that is really different from the 5.3 pathway. So basically, most kids who are doing 3 unit in Year 11 don't even have the basics for 2 unit, such as functions and logs. Usually, by the time that the they get to the HSC they don't even manage to complete the entire Stage 6 course so they sit the HSC without even covering everything. If you don't self accelerate then you'll be screwed up bad in the HSC.
but even if u accelerate it doesn't mean u'll get 99. even if u work 5 hours a day on maths.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

but even if u accelerate it doesn't mean u'll get 99. even if u work 5 hours a day on maths.
I never explicitly stated that it would. What I meant was that it would save me from screwing up in the HSC.

Engineer

HSC
ROFL u guys are like expecting 95-100 in 4 unit :| wow
i think if i go hard i can get in the 80s haha

maths-bbqz

HSC

I know sen couldn't have accelerated (because he came from Ruse and they don't accelerate students in maths), not to say that he was not at that level.

And out of the 6 people who when to IMO 2008, 4 didnt come from Ruse, and of those four 2 of them accelerated in Mathematics.
Looks like this guy knows his shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)