• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What marks are you seeking to achieve in 2007? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Well I'm gunning for 1st in all subjects. It's bit of a stretch though cause there are some stiff competition at my school.

I'm might be able to do it for 2 Unit Maths but I'm afraid that the accelerant drop outs have a big advantage. :(

I don't know what course I want to do yet though.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
Well I'm gunning for 1st in all subjects. It's bit of a stretch though cause there are some stiff competition at my school.

I'm might be able to do it for 2 Unit Maths but I'm afraid that the accelerant drop outs have a big advantage. :(

I don't know what course I want to do yet though.
Yup, go for it. I am also working on coming first in all my subjects if not a majority of them. I got pretty good rankings for year 11, just have to continue to work harder. I sometimes set my unreachable goals, but sometimes if you reach one them, it does alot for your self-esteem. I am not suggesting that you do that, but that just the way i do things.

Good luck to everyone about to enter the HSC.

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Shrikar said:
Yup, go for it. I am also working on coming first in all my subjects if not a majority of them. I got pretty good rankings for year 11, just have to continue to work harder. I sometimes set my unreachable goals, but sometimes if you reach one them, it does alot for your self-esteem. I am not suggesting that you do that, but that just the way i do things.

Good luck to everyone about to enter the HSC.
Thanks, man. You go for it as well. I thinks it's definately possible as long as you put in the effort.

THe only problem I have is that my determination varies. :(

yinyin

HSC
N/A
95+ commerce and art @ USNW~~~ please... i need this uai~

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
Thanks, man. You go for it as well. I thinks it's definately possible as long as you put in the effort.

THe only problem I have is that my determination varies. :(
Yeah, you'll always be good at certain subjects than others. If you aren't feeling confident with some of your other subjects, ask your teacher for some help. Try and understand the main concepts, then when you see that you can achieve good marks in that course, work on the others. This will do alot for your self-esteem. Yes i would agree there is no limit to the amount of effort you put in, it will all be worth it in the end.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
SoulSearcher said:
Always other ways to get into that course if you don't get the UAI :)
Hahahahaha. You wouldn't happen to know what other ways there are to get into dentistry?

HSC
lol
want to/ need to get >95.10 to prove to my older bro and my family that i dont fail at life

want 96-97 to prove meself i dont fail at life

maybe my aims arent realistic or they're for the wrong reasons.. but in all seriousness.. meh:p

also.. i have no idea what i want to do in uni.... massive problem...:confused:

Agywaggy

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
lol
want to/ need to get >95.10 to prove to my older bro and my family that i dont fail at life

maybe my aims arent realistic or they're for the wrong reasons.. but in all seriousness.. meh:p

also.. i have no idea what i want to do in uni.... massive problem...:confused:
Think about what your good at? And what you enjoy?? As the year progresses you'll know what you want to do, just needs some serious thinking.
You'll be fine though! You'll find something. Theres always something out there that you'll find enjoyable or interesting. Give it some time.

Chocolat

HSC
The best that I can :). I'd like over 90. Even better over 95. I can't be more specific because I too have no concrete idea of what I'd like to pursue in university...and yes it is terrible I know! Damn all you that know what you're going to do after school!:p

HSC
Chocolat said:
The best that I can :). I'd like over 90. Even better over 95. I can't be more specific because I too have no concrete idea of what I'd like to pursue in university...and yes it is terrible I know! Damn all you that know what you're going to do after school!:p
yeh, same, i got no idea what to do in uni either, i'm totally lost

and i hate it cos people ask me 'what u gna do after skool, what u gna study in uni?'

and i have to say dunno....thats all i got!!!

i'm totally lost help me plz :confused:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Those that haven't decided what you want to do after school don't stress about it there is still plenty of time for you to decided. My advice is to do some research on all options be that tafe, uni or employment and weigh up the pros and cons of each and of course what you would be most interested in. No point doing something you hate because after tertiary education your goal is to get you into a career in something you want to do. Those of you don’t want\need to go to university for your career goals don’t be discouraged and post up as I am certain there are those people out there. A lot of people here seem to forget that university isn’t the be all and end all there are other options.

I myself can speak from experience I didn't know what I wanted to do or where I wanted to be, only knew I wanted to do something in Information Technology. But alas I have applied to uni and have reviewed my tafe options but I still haven't decided if I will go to uni or tafe next year, but I think my results may play a huge part in that.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Aiming for 97.00, with a minimum of 92.00.
Aiming for B.Medicine at UWS or B.Medicine at NewCastle Uni. Would like to get a higher UAI so that I may have a chance of entering UNSW B.Medicine with the equivilent UMAT results :D

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:

maybe my aims are for the wrong reasons..
Yes I totally agree that it's for the wrong reasons. There's a HUGE difference between a "WANT" and a "NEED".

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Gangles.McGee said:
For some time I wanted a UAI, to prove I was just as bright as my sister. Really, its not worth it. Aim for something you need, and when you get the UAI you need and do the course you want to do, this will be proof to your family that you do not fail at life.

Good luck
Well said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)